Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 09-05-2009, 09:08 AM   #1
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

After much contemplation, these are going to be my next tires. I wonder how well a 2CT front/Road 2 rear combo would work. I don't like mixing tire types, but I'll still havea lot of life left in my 2CT front when the rear is gone.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 09:55 AM   #2
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtemple View Post
After much contemplation, these are going to be my next tires. I wonder how well a 2CT front/Road 2 rear combo would work. I don't like mixing tire types, but I'll still havea lot of life left in my 2CT front when the rear is gone.
I had a 2CT/PP combo before and had the 2CT/PR2 combo into the beginning of my PR2. But the 2ct was pretty much gone by then so I never got a chance to test the both. I've liked the PP/PR2 combo real well.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:38 AM   #3
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

As long as the front 2CT/PR2 profiles are the same, I probably won't be able to tell the difference.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 11:08 PM   #4
Yamerhaw
Country Boy

Moto: 07 R1

Quote:
As long as the front 2CT/PR2 profiles are the same, I probably won't be able to tell the difference.

well my front diablo was still good when i put on the Road 2, and it felt...well strange, now i got a used dunlop qualifier on the front(hoping it will make it till winter) till i can buy a new front, probaly a PP

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.
Yamerhaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 07:49 AM   #5
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
I've given that combo a lot of thought too... I always like replacing both tires at the same time but the front always seems to last about 3/4 of the way through the 2nd rear which pisses me off.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:28 AM   #6
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

I have a Pilot Power rear and Diablo front now... that's just strange. All the shop got in and I needed something to get to Indy and back.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:16 PM   #7
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Took my bike to the mountains with basically two brand new PP front (120/60/17) and a PR2 rear (160/60/17) and it was fucking awesome. I didnt push it to full lean being I had a heavy ass backpack on with heavy ass books strapped to the rear seat but it stuck very well.

I will admit my next tires won't be PP/PRs because I commute more on my bike now than I hit the twisties so probably will get a much cheaper tire next spring. But I loved the combo.