Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 04-25-2008, 05:40 PM   #41
GearGrabinGuy
Been Around the Block

Moto: '02 ZX6R w/ 110hp @ wheel

I still have about an 1/8" stip on my tires. Well cuz I live in central Illinois and I have NO GD twisties... Yeah the largest part is worn in the middle of my tire, but I cant change that. When I get the chance such as when entering on ramps and other things that arnt all covered with rocks I use it the best I can. Does that make me a squid?? Cuz I dont think so. And Im still in school with not many chances to make it to track days. although I am going to attempt to make it to one this summer.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:27 AM   #42
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

I've noticed that too, the profile on the front Corsa III is going to make it very difficult to scrub the entire thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 07:17 AM   #43
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

I know for me, it was a stepping stone... Probably not a good goal to have, cause it didn't really help me get any better, but damnit I hated those fuckin chicken strips... It took me a while to get them off of my tire... My body position suffered cause I was working so hard to get the bike leaned over...

Once I got rid of them on my first set of tires, it was game on. I stopped worrying about them and my speed increased a lot... as did my body position and skill level. My 2nd rear tire had a ton of fucking chicken strip left on it, despite my antics with drewpy. In fact, that was a topic of conversation throughout one memorable ride... how my fucking chicken strips just would not die... Every stop drewpy was like, 'that HAD to of done it...' Nope...

On my third, and current set of tires, the chicken strip was gone on the first ride. I wasn't focusing on it, in fact, it wasn't even that hard of a ride (WVA trip)... It just happened.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 07:48 AM   #44
PiZdETS
⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Moto: ⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Well said ceo.

The only reliable way to measure a person's riding ability is to take a look at their 12 o'clock bar.

Let's take a look;

The above bike is obviously not seriously ridden. The 12 o'clock bar is almost untouched, the can has not been chopped, the tire still has tread...pitiful.
Whoever rides this bike is obviously a huge squid. You're average segway rider could destroy him in the twisties. They probably also love the cock.

Now compare that to this;

This bike is obviously ridden by a pro, probably WSBK/MotoGP caliber rider. Notice the destruction of the rear tire, the abuse put to the 12 bar and just look at the size of that sprocket, almost as big as the rear wheel. It's a safe bet that the rider of this bike has several lap records at multiple GP circuits to his name.

Last edited by PiZdETS; 04-26-2008 at 07:50 AM..
PiZdETS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:21 AM   #45
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

how about...

WHO THE FUCK CARES?! so what if you have 5" chicken strips... or if you have none?

as long as your not a poser or an idiot stunter (the ones doing the shit in traffic) you've got my respect as a fellow rider... you can loose or gain from there on how you ride, knowledge, and just what kinda person you are.

not everyone who rides is out to drag a knee... doesn't mean they're not great riders...

besides... I've seen plenty of guys in Alaska that buy track take offs... (yeah they had them shipped up) with no chicken strips... just to sit in the fucking Taco Bell parking lot. you telling me this guy gets more respect?

Lets not judge a book by it's cover... and get to reading
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:23 AM   #46
Switch
dadbod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I need to wear down my knee sliders. I have new knee sliders that don't have a mark on them.. Looks like I will be busy this weekend...
Wait til you drag your knee over a rumble strip or completely put it in the dirt around a turn.

It feels like someone is punching you in the knee.
Switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:05 AM   #47
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiZdETS View Post

Chicken strips, 12 o'clock bars, doesn't size matter anymore? The rear sprockets on my bikes are half the size of this guy's. But then I do like to ride over 60mph now and then.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:40 AM   #48
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiZdETS View Post
Well said ceo.

The only reliable way to measure a person's riding ability is to take a look at their 12 o'clock bar.

Let's take a look;

The above bike is obviously not seriously ridden. The 12 o'clock bar is almost untouched, the can has not been chopped, the tire still has tread...pitiful.
Whoever rides this bike is obviously a huge squid. You're average segway rider could destroy him in the twisties. They probably also love the cock.

Now compare that to this;

This bike is obviously ridden by a pro, probably WSBK/MotoGP caliber rider. Notice the destruction of the rear tire, the abuse put to the 12 bar and just look at the size of that sprocket, almost as big as the rear wheel. It's a safe bet that the rider of this bike has several lap records at multiple GP circuits to his name.

Best post in this entire thread!!! Ebbs is right, get to reading or get to riding...
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 06:11 PM   #49
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
Chicken strips, 12 o'clock bars, doesn't size matter anymore? The rear sprockets on my bikes are half the size of this guy's. But then I do like to ride over 60mph now and then.
I fucking hope not.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:00 AM   #50
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
how about...

WHO THE FUCK CARES?! so what if you have 5" chicken strips... or if you have none?

as long as your not a poser or an idiot stunter (the ones doing the shit in traffic) you've got my respect as a fellow rider... you can loose or gain from there on how you ride, knowledge, and just what kinda person you are.

not everyone who rides is out to drag a knee... doesn't mean they're not great riders...

besides... I've seen plenty of guys in Alaska that buy track take offs... (yeah they had them shipped up) with no chicken strips... just to sit in the fucking Taco Bell parking lot. you telling me this guy gets more respect?

Lets not judge a book by it's cover... and get to reading
You're missing the point a bit, methinks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrah Arrah View Post
Wait til you drag your knee over a rumble strip or completely put it in the dirt around a turn.

It feels like someone is punching you in the knee.
Or touch down some bare leather like I did before my pucks were positioned correctly... MAN that shit grabbed.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote