Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 07-20-2012, 04:05 PM   #11
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
I think per board rules, you have to purchase a BMW once you are over 30 years of age as evidenced by the upcoming posts from...

Trip: Buy a BMW GS, they do everything.

azoom: He doesn't need a GS, Trip but he should definitely buy a BMW. I have ridden every BMW ever made and it is the only bike that anyone should buy, ever.

Troy: I loved my BMW motorcycle. Now I have 17 BMW cars.

G-Rex: I've ridden to all 56 states and 9 other continents. My BMW is the best bike ever.
Nicely done!

I agree with most of what's been posted about the speed issue. They are both faster than just about anything this side of a Veyron and there is about a hair of difference between the two. If you want to base your decision on telling people what it can do go off performance. If you want to base it on what you do with it use the other factors.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:15 PM   #12
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

Quote:
I think per board rules, you have to purchase a BMW once you are over 30 years of age as evidenced by the upcoming posts from...

azoom: He doesn't need a GS, Trip but he should definitely buy a BMW. I have ridden every BMW ever made and it is the only bike that anyone should buy, ever.

G-Rex: I've ridden to all 56 states and 9 other continents. My BMW is the best bike ever.
Priceless!

You guys are right about the power differences. It probably won't make a damn bit of difference to me in that regard.

From a modding standpoint (luggage & exhaust), the Hayabusa wins out, I think. There's no denying the vast number of addons available for it. I do dool over that new 14R though!

The 14R sits you more upright than the Hayabusa. The pegs are lower; the bars are higher. Probably not enough of a difference to matter, especially when you consider that higher bars and lower pegs are available for both bikes.

I may put bar risers on, but I'll probably leave the pegs as-is.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:24 PM   #13
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

I think it's Cortech that makes hard bags for the Busa that are color matched and follow the same lines of the 2nd gen tails... pretty fucking slick looking.

And you can always try out a set of Buell pegs on the cheap to drop them 1"... very common mod.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:27 PM   #14
jtemple
Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I think it's Cortech that makes hard bags for the Busa that are color matched and follow the same lines of the 2nd gen tails... pretty fucking slick looking.

And you can always try out a set of Buell pegs on the cheap to drop them 1"... very common mod.
That's Corbin. I looked into them (they make some for the previous gen 14 as well). They're ridiculously expensive ($1800), take some time to install/remove, and don't hold much.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #15
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Quote:

This made me laugh. Well done!

I'll give you a bit of info based on my knowledge of the Busa, which spans 9 years and 72,000 miles.

1) The brakes work well enough. They should be better for the caliber of bike they are on. Pads and stainless lines would be a good upgrade, especially once you add 75 or 80 pounds for touring gear.

2) Givi would be a good bag. Stay away from Corbin's Beetle bags, they are useless. Not much storage and a small opening. Waste of money.

3) My Busa has no changes to the ergonomics (stock seat, stock clip-ons, stock footpegs) and the bike is comfortable enough for me to log 1000 mile days.

4) Mine has been 99.9% flawless in the maintenance department. I've had to give it one battery, tires, chain/sprockets, oil changes, and fuel. The ONLY non-regular maintenance item to fail on the bike so far has been the right side fork seal, and that gave out at 65,000 miles. Not bad if you ask me.

I love mine. I have zero complaints with it. It's an amazing motorcycle in many ways. If you want to know anything else hit me up.

Last edited by G-Rex; 07-20-2012 at 04:32 PM..
G-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:55 PM   #16
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post

3) My Busa has no changes to the ergonomics (stock seat, stock clip-ons, stock footpegs) and the bike is comfortable enough for me to log 1000 mile days.
What WOULDN'T you log 1000 mile days on? Really?
Old 07-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #17
jtemple
Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
I'm kinda the same way. Did 2500+ miles on the Husky in 5 days. On and off road.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:44 PM   #18
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

Here's a nice busa for less than $5.3K http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/3116168718.html. The money that you save you can spend on accessories and speeding tickets.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:22 PM   #19
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
Let's see. I've done 1000 mile days on the Busa, the TLR, and the BMW, so everything in my garage has seen Iron Butt level riding.

So, to answer your question, I'll shoot for a 1000 mile day on anything!
Old 07-21-2012, 12:23 AM   #20
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:

And they are badass, even the bad guys in the new Dark Knight ride BMWs.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
Let's see. I've done 1000 mile days on the Busa, the TLR, and the BMW, so everything in my garage has seen Iron Butt level riding.

So, to answer your question, I'll shoot for a 1000 mile day on anything!
On the TLR??? Efffffff that....
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote