Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Mechanical or Tech

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2008, 07:25 PM   #1
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic
Thumbs up Dyna Beads and How To install them

Dyna Beads

They are a GREAT GREAT GREAT product. You can install them by just placing the bag contents into the tire when when mounting the tire or as most of us will do, via the valve stem.

Most valve stems will allow the beads to just pour in, however some will be more diffcult due to obstructions in the valve stem itself. You can try rotating the tire back and forth 180 degrees to get them to pour in or if you have a metal valve stem as below follow those instructions.

A note from Jake, owner of Low Down Chop Shop.

Quote:
Also note that when you remove your weights that are on your wheels, just because your bike has 2.5 oz. of lead doesn't mean that you have to replace it with that much Dyna Beads. My bike had 2.5 oz. on the front and I put 1 oz. in and it was perfect.

The application amount is all based on three things:

Wheel Diameter
Tire Width
Tire Overall Diameter

These three things put together will deturmine how many ounces of Beads are installed. Also if a tire is a bit more out that it should be, it may require one extra ounce to smooth it out perfect.

I stock 1 oz thru 5 oz bags and kits to cover all BDM bikes, custom bikes, Harley, Metric, and sport bikes. If you need a custom application or for a auto, contact me through my
Most of my big dog owners get them from Low Down Chop Shop

Many of us have got them and many are probably on the fence. But if you got them, here's how you put them in.

Grab your supplies

Cut the top off the applicator for easier pouring

Grab your bag of beads

Cut open the corner of the baggy to dispense into applicator bottle.

Pour into the bottle

Simply put that stuff aside and time to direct attention to the bike itself.

So I jacked up the sporty like so...

Remove your valve stem cap

Get your valve stem tool

Spin out the valve stem slowly allowing the air to leak. At this point you can either let it all leak out or pull it out carefully. Be sure not to go to fast and put your hand over it, while keeping pressure down on the tool and stem. You are trying to keep the valve from flying accross the garage.

Out comes the valve

Set this aside

Hook up the tube to the valve stem

Start to pour in the beads slowly. If they start to back up and won't flow into the rim like this read the next direction. If not skip over the next part for difficult bikes.

In some cases your beads may not flow in easily. My Big Dog was no problem the Harley was so I got to thinking outside the box sense I didn't have an engraver to aid me.

Loosen the valve stem nut holding it to the rim.

Attach the tube

Fill the tube and it will back up like before. But push the valve stem in and out shaking in the beads. You can fill the entire tube and then shake in. This worked great for both front and rear tires.
Now once you have all your beads in, remove the tube. If you had to do the difficulty step, tighten the nut.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote