Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Around the World > Central Riders

Old 01-31-2009, 06:11 PM   #21
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
I will be there Sunday around 10.... see you then!
Ill be up there around 10 or 11. Ill call you when I get up there and we can meet up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedoll View Post
Yeah. See you then..... though I don't know who you are to know if I have seen you.
I'm sorry.
Ill pm you my number. Give me a call sometime tomorrow morning around 10 or 11 and we can meet up with you if youd like.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:40 PM   #22
TopGun
Do I really need one?

Moto: 2006 CBR 1000RR

I went today but I am heading up there again tomorrow with my oldest son, tiold him I would take him so I gotta, plus he loves Motorcycles! should be there around 11 or so, meeting one of my freinds up there too.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:11 PM   #23
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
Ill pm you my number. Give me a call sometime tomorrow morning around 10 or 11 and we can meet up with you if youd like.
Sounds good to me. I'll PM you mine too.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:15 PM   #24
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Yeah. See you then..... though I don't know who you are to know if I have seen you.
I'm sorry.
To everybody attending.... i'll be wearing a Lebron James warmup jersey.

lol, i guess thats kind of vague but whatever....
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:17 PM   #25
TopGun
Do I really need one?

Moto: 2006 CBR 1000RR

I prolly be wearing my Bikestyles hoodie and faded jeans.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:42 AM   #26
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Ill probably have on jeans and a north face jacket, oh yeah, half the fucking people there will probably have that on...Ill probably throw on my blue twfix tshirt to make it a little easier.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:43 PM   #27
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R
Default IMS Saturday

Anyone else see Jason Britton and Lee Parks?

I bought a pair of the Deer Tour gloves for my dad, and spoke with Lee for 15-20 minutes about his gloves, class, our motorcycles, etc. Sounds like the nearest Total Cotrol class is Frederick, MD. He mentioned upgrading the suspension, and I went around the corner to the Race Tech booth.

While I was waiting to speak to the Race Tech rep, I heard a familiar voice. Turned around and saw a squinty black guy in a Kawi shirt Turned to my dad and asked if that guy looked familiar. He said, yeah- might be the superbikes guy. Didn't get to talk to him, but I didn't expet to see either of them. Both had their name tags reversed so passers by couldn't read them.

I was surprised when three people I spoke to were familiar with my 650R. First the Galfer rep knew exactly the part numbers for my pads. Ordered HH pads all around for $75 when they normally run $35 per caliper (plus shipping). Lee Parks was familiar with it, and the Race Tech rep had no problem finding the listing when he looked up my spring rate.

Tried on a ton of helmets- Shark, Shoei, Arai... Found out noe of the Sharks feel right, the Quantum II and Corsair V fit, but not great, and most of the Shoeis fit decent, but the RF-1000 is perfect. Lee Parks Deer gloves are nice- the gaunlets remind me of the old school open cockpit Lemans and Indy drivers' gloves. Tried on a Speed and Strength jacket. I'm impressed- they almost fit better than my A*. $280 at the show for a $350 jacket.

Couldn't get in the Brew Kettle. Got there about 5:30, and there was a line starting at the inner door. Waitress came out and said the wait was 25-30 minutes. We were tired, and definitely not up to standing around for a half hour, so headed home.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:54 PM   #28
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
Anyone else see Jason Britton and Lee Parks?

I bought a pair of the Deer Tour gloves for my dad, and spoke with Lee for 15-20 minutes about his gloves, class, our motorcycles, etc. Sounds like the nearest Total Cotrol class is Frederick, MD. He mentioned upgrading the suspension, and I went around the corner to the Race Tech booth.

While I was waiting to speak to the Race Tech rep, I heard a familiar voice. Turned around and saw a squinty black guy in a Kawi shirt Turned to my dad and asked if that guy looked familiar. He said, yeah- might be the superbikes guy. Didn't get to talk to him, but I didn't expet to see either of them. Both had their name tags reversed so passers by couldn't read them.

I was surprised when three people I spoke to were familiar with my 650R. First the Galfer rep knew exactly the part numbers for my pads. Ordered HH pads all around for $75 when they normally run $35 per caliper (plus shipping). Lee Parks was familiar with it, and the Race Tech rep had no problem finding the listing when he looked up my spring rate.

Tried on a ton of helmets- Shark, Shoei, Arai... Found out noe of the Sharks feel right, the Quantum II and Corsair V fit, but not great, and most of the Shoeis fit decent, but the RF-1000 is perfect. Lee Parks Deer gloves are nice- the gaunlets remind me of the old school open cockpit Lemans and Indy drivers' gloves. Tried on a Speed and Strength jacket. I'm impressed- they almost fit better than my A*. $280 at the show for a $350 jacket.

Couldn't get in the Brew Kettle. Got there about 5:30, and there was a line starting at the inner door. Waitress came out and said the wait was 25-30 minutes. We were tired, and definitely not up to standing around for a half hour, so headed home.
Didnt see Lee Parks there but right when I was meeting up with porkchop he spotted Britton so we went and talked to him and Ricky Gadson for a minute while they were eating breakfast this morning.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:16 PM   #29
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

I had to opportunity to meet porkchop, topgun (and son - what a cutie!) and jojoyzf.
It's always so awkward when you have no idea who you are looking for...

It was great to meet all of you. Hopefully we will run into each other some time this summer.

Oh. I didn't buy anything. There is never anything to buy. Once, a couple years back a dealer in Toledo was there with a Kushitani rep and I finally found a pair of gaunlet gloves to fit. I took them home with me, then called the guy and paid for them.

Every year it gets worse and worse for the vendors. I know it's a bike show, but it would be nice if some of the manufacturers like AGV, A*, etc would come and at least bring stuff to try out - if not buy. Being female in the world of sportbikes, it's hard to find proper gear and then you never know if it will fit correctly. Granted they have gotten better, but it is still hard to find a place to actually try the stuff on. - Rant over.

Last edited by racedoll; 02-01-2009 at 03:21 PM..
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 03:20 PM   #30
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Quote:
I had to opportunity to meet porkchop, topgun (and son - what a cutie!) and jojoyzf.
It's always so awkward when you have no idea who you are looking for...

It was great to meet all of you. Hopefully we will run into each other some time this summer.
Yeah, I was trying to tell if that was you by basing it off of your avatar. Still worked out well. Glad I could meet up with everyone, it was a good time and Id be up for meeting up for a ride some time.

Oh and just since I thought it was awesome, to go along with the name Topgun, he has highway to the danger zone as a ringback tone when you call him. Simply badass.