Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-06-2008, 11:39 AM   #1
Audiomechanic
Mobile Post-Whore Unit

Moto: 2000 Honda Magna 750
Default In Florida for work...

...and play. I'm in Florida now for work down in the south region. Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area. Wanna have some fun while I'm here. What's fun down here on a Sunday?

Oh yea, I'm not rich. So cheap things would be best.

Last edited by Audiomechanic; 07-06-2008 at 11:43 AM..
Audiomechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 12:18 AM   #2
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

PM Mule... he's down there...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:01 AM   #3
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

LMAO... we just got back from Fort Lauderdale last night (were down for the 4th/weekend)... had an awesome time. I can tell ya where some really great Sushi is!!!!
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:05 AM   #4
Audiomechanic
Mobile Post-Whore Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
PM Mule... he's down there...
Kewl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung
LMAO... we just got back from Fort Lauderdale last night (were down for the 4th/weekend)... had an awesome time. I can tell ya where some really great Sushi is!!!!
Nice! Did you see the fireworks show that caught fire on the barge? My co worker and I were down in Hollywood on the 4th getting SOAKED by the rain. Sushi ain't really my thing but we did go to a restaurant called Taverna Opa. 4 words: Belly Dancers On Tables. That was pretty fun.

I'll be here til Friday around noon. Don't know if I'll have time to do anthing this week but, money and time permitting, I'm gonna try!

Thanks y'all.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:29 AM   #5
neebelung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiomechanic View Post
Nice! Did you see the fireworks show that caught fire on the barge? My co worker and I were down in Hollywood on the 4th getting SOAKED by the rain. Sushi ain't really my thing but we did go to a restaurant called Taverna Opa. 4 words: Belly Dancers On Tables. That was pretty fun.

I'll be here til Friday around noon. Don't know if I'll have time to do anthing this week but, money and time permitting, I'm gonna try!

Thanks y'all.
No, the friends we were staying with had a party at their house Friday night, so we stayed there/blew stuff up there instead (but yeah, there was a TON of rain off and on that night).

The sushi place we went to was on Meisner (and I guess the area is called Meisner as well ). But in that same area there were a bunch of other places... a French place, an Irish pub, a couple other bars, etc.... very cool little area.

And then the Las Olas area (at the beach) has a bunch of cool places, all within walking distance of each other.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:51 AM   #6
Audiomechanic
Mobile Post-Whore Unit

Blowing stuff up FTW.

We were at the Lauderdale strip yesterday (Las Olas at the beach). Hit up hooters for lunch, then Fat Tuesdays for drinks. Since it was sunday, things weren't really hoppin that much. There used to be a bar/club next to the Elbo Room (pink two story building at the corner of A1A and Las Olas) called Beach Bums. Had a pool in the back. Not there any more, guess it went under. Sux.

We may go out one more time before heading back. Maybe thursday night.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:04 AM   #7
neebelung

Yeah the guys kinda made a homemade bazooka for launching stuff. More than a couple of times we thought surely the cops would be knocking at the door.

Shoot, I'm trying to think of the name of this little bar we went to last time I was down there... I think it's actually right at the corner of A1A and Las Olas -- tiny little hole in the wall bar with a band and some outdoor seating (great for people watching); its a couple blocks south of where that Hooters and Fat Tuesdays is.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:00 PM   #8
Audiomechanic
Mobile Post-Whore Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
Yeah the guys kinda made a homemade bazooka for launching stuff. More than a couple of times we thought surely the cops would be knocking at the door.

Shoot, I'm trying to think of the name of this little bar we went to last time I was down there... I think it's actually right at the corner of A1A and Las Olas -- tiny little hole in the wall bar with a band and some outdoor seating (great for people watching); its a couple blocks south of where that Hooters and Fat Tuesdays is.
Aw yea. Reminiscent of my potato gun days. Memories. *sigh*

You might be thinking of the Elbo Room. They had a live band there yesterday. The band sucked, but it was live, so it was "cooler" I suppose. There's a couple of other bars right next to the Elbo Room that I haven't been to yet.