Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 12-03-2010, 10:14 AM   #101
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
Send me $40K and I'll pick it up / deliver it for you.

Promise.

You missed two important parts.

1. I dont have 40K.

2. I wouldnt let you drive a bicycle.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:29 AM   #102
Apoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
Fortunatetly for us, the Viper has four wheels.
I wouldnt give you a big wheel or a barbie car either.

Old 12-03-2010, 12:52 PM   #103
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Currently im driving an '06 Impala. Looking to trade that for an older 4x4 truck, and since im finally going back to work in 2 weeks, im planning on selling the bike and buying a 4 wheeled coffin. '96-'99 vipers (Both the GTS and RT10) are going for around 25k (+-3k) (cdn), with very low mileage up here, and I want one, bad.
With the way you drive, I'd buy something with a forged steel body, not fibreglass..
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:20 PM   #104
Apoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
With the way you drive, I'd buy something with a forged steel body, not fibreglass..
Ya, well, your not having fun if your not smashing anything...

Old 12-03-2010, 08:56 PM   #105
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post

Love the 2door Volvo 240GL.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:57 PM   #106
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Love the 2door Volvo 240GL.
those can be monsters. seriously.
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 03:31 AM   #107
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
03. It's having problems, I absolutely abuse it and it's all caught up with it. Looking at an 05+ Titan or 09+ Ram. Very versatile truck, does the work of a much larger truck without needing the giant parking spaces.
Lol, well any vehicle will have problems if you abuse it.

I think I decided im going with a truck for my next vehicle. Its still up in the air whether I want the Avalanche, the Ram 1500, or the newer Tundra. My neighbor has an 05 or 06 Titan in the metalic maroon color. He absolutely loves it. I am waiting to see if they update here in the next year or so, its getting a little long in the tooth....

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
It's a decent boat/toy for the $$ and we really enjoy it but it's sure no Cigarette boat for sure.
Those cigarette boats are awesome, but so finicky. We have a lakehouse on Erie and a bunch of our neighbors have them. One of the more famous ones around the great lakes is JAWS. It is acually in the next channel over from us. If it means anything.... the lift that it sits on costs $240,000. Yea. There is another in the channel that is jet engine propelled. When it warms up it sounds like an F16 sitting on the tarmac, hazing jet fumes and all. There is nothing else like it when it takes off. I heard these two tangled on the water one time and they got up to about 140mph and then JAWS walked right away. I also heard the jet one goes to Detroit often, takes him just about a half hour.

I rode on one of the #1 Cigarette boats once. The guy was working out an engine kink and some new props. 95mph scared the ever living fuck out of me. This coming from a guy who did 85 the first time he was on a motorcycle. At one point we did a banked 180 degree turn so fast at such an angle i could have put my hand out and touched the water. We stopped out in the middle of the water and he opened the back end to check the oil consistency, 2 big ole monster V8s. All he said was "Eh..... still not right. These damn new props have me down 8-9mph. We'll get it fixed though...." Wayyyy too fast on water, im used to the pace in this.

1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold

Last edited by Porkchop; 12-04-2010 at 11:59 AM..
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:50 AM   #108
Apoc

A surgeon about a half hour from here has a $750k Cigar boat. I've never been on it (or within a hundred feet of it), but that thing is the meanest looking boat i've ever seen. He traded his sailboat on it (that was another huge, beautiful boat) 2 summers ago.

Nice days in june/july/august, him and his friends like to race around Herron Island (about a mile long), and the sound that comes from them is nothing short of earth shattering.

I dont know the guy, never talked to him, but I do know a student who works at his marina that said a 1300$ fillup lasts him less then 4 hours.

Old 12-04-2010, 11:57 AM   #109
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
A surgeon about a half hour from here has a $750k Cigar boat. I've never been on it (or within a hundred feet of it), but that thing is the meanest looking boat i've ever seen. He traded his sailboat on it (that was another huge, beautiful boat) 2 summers ago.

Nice days in june/july/august, him and his friends like to race around Herron Island (about a mile long), and the sound that comes from them is nothing short of earth shattering.

I dont know the guy, never talked to him, but I do know a student who works at his marina that said a 1300$ fillup lasts him less then 4 hours.
Oh, no doubt. On the Sea Ray it takes about that much to fill up one of the two tanks. BUT, filling both tanks will last half a summer at the rate that the boat is used. The Sea Ray pictured has 2 Caterpiller turbo deisels. So they sip fuel a little better than a gas running Cig boat. I don't want to know how much fuel Mike's boat uses, i'd probably shit a brick. Because he runs his almost every week.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:24 PM   #110
Apoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Oh, no doubt. On the Sea Ray it takes about that much to fill up one of the two tanks. BUT, filling both tanks will last half a summer at the rate that the boat is used. The Sea Ray pictured has 2 Caterpiller turbo deisels. So they sip fuel a little better than a gas running Cig boat. I don't want to know how much fuel Mike's boat uses, i'd probably shit a brick. Because he runs his almost every week.
Im no thief, but if I was gonna steal a vehicle/toy for a night, I think that would be the one.

But.. Only because i'd have an Enzo wrecked within blocks.