Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Touring

Old 09-03-2009, 03:36 AM   #21
t-homo
WSB Champion

I've done an actual Iron Butt that I could send in, but never did. I wasn't worried about it since I am sure I will do more in the future.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:55 AM   #22
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
I've done an actual Iron Butt that I could send in, but never did. I wasn't worried about it since I am sure I will do more in the future.
Me too, But my times vs mileage were what would be considered "unsafe" (ave speed of 91mph is frowned upon)
Old 09-03-2009, 09:07 PM   #23
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

shit, my TIRES wouldn't last that long

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:49 PM   #24
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Naw I was planning on following one guy who had a suzuki rotary, but he bowed out on the 1st day when he broke an engine casing.
damn you for reminding me about the re-5! now theres three old skool zuks im lusting over
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:30 PM   #25
lauralynne
667:Neighbor of the Beast

Moto: VTR1000, SV650, FZR400, CRF150

woohoo!! My friend came in 2nd by a lousy 3700 points.

Final report here:
http://www.sierraresearch.com/mc/2009IBR_Finish.pdf

Married my best friend 8/30/09
lauralynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 03:21 AM   #26
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
Me too, But my times vs mileage were what would be considered "unsafe" (ave speed of 91mph is frowned upon)

I want to say ours was about 60 mph after we finished. Funny though, every gas stop (about 100 miles, one guy had a small gas tank) we would take time to bullshit and smoke a cigarette or two and we stopped for 2 hours at the mid point.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 03:33 PM   #27
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

We are sad to report that the President of the Iron Butt Association of Australia and Australia's Far Riders, David Jones, known the world over by his nickname, Davo, passed away late last night on Friday, September 4, 2009, as a result of hitting a deer on US-95 shortly after crossing into the U.S. from Canada during the Iron Butt Rally. This was posted by a representative of the family on the FarRiders forum earlier today: It is with the heaviest heart and with many tears in my eyes as I type this from Davo's computer, but we just received the phone call that no one wants to receive. The nurse just called to inform us that Davo has just passed away. As I sit here at his desk, I look around and I see items and photo's that Davo treasured. There are photo's of him and Wil together, photo's of the kids, and his "GO FAR" number plate surrounded by his Iron Butt Association plate cover and his numerous IBA certificates that demonstrate his love and passion for distance riding. Throughout today, I have fielded many, many phone calls from people from both here in Australia and overseas all relating small stories of how Davo enthused, motivated and/or encouraged them beyond what they thought they were capable of. And this typifies the type of guy he was. He was always so energetic and full of life. It is a crying shame to see it cut short - although if Davo had a choice, we all know he wouldn't have it any other way. He was living life to full and doing what he enjoyed. While we all are going to deal with this in different ways, Davo would always want us to adopt his attitude and look on the bright side. He would want us to remember the fun times and fond memories that each of us have with him. On behalf of everyone sitting here in the room with me as I type this, a massive thank you for the support that you guys have out poured so far. It is very much appreciated. I will come back on here when we have more news about the arrangements that I am sure a lot of people will want info on. At this time, FarRiders is the best source of information: http://farriders.com/forum/index.php...26947#msg26947 Our prayers and thoughts are with Davo and his family. Michael Kneebone
Old 09-05-2009, 06:16 PM   #28
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

damn that sucks. shoulda been on a gixxer
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:57 AM   #29
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Damn that Sucks... dud probably rode more in a month than 90% of the US riders do in a year.

as for the iron butt... closest I got was last year from Northern AR to FL... 904 miles in about 14hrs... if I'd realized that I was that close... I'd have ridden the extra 86 miles around the next morning. but 1. didn't have a witness of where i left... and tossed all my gas receipts. and 2. I was fuck'n exhausted and Rae distracted me in the AM with wearing head to toe under armor...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:56 AM   #30
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
Rae distracted me in the AM with wearing head to toe under armor...
This line distracted me from the rest of the post, please re-post what you wrote without the last line.