Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 07-11-2010, 10:17 PM   #131
Hydrant
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 2003 Suzuki TL1000R, 2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
That game was a case study in why soccer will never be popular in this country. An hour and twenty minutes of absolute BOREDOM.

This

I'll try to watch anything I can and expand my pretty short horizons. But you know its bad when I'll turn off the finals of World Cup to watch either the PGA or Tour de France and be more excited.
Hydrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:34 PM   #132
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
What's good enough for the rest of the world isn't good enough for one country? Who gives a shit whether Americans like it or not. Don't like it? Don't watch.
Give your panties a good pull there, hot rod....You seem a little wedged up. I thought maybe your little hiatus would give you time to get back on your meds. Apparently I was wrong.

It's a boring game....there is no way to argue otherwise. All that hype for a zero zero snooze fest after regulation time and 3/4 of extra time?! PUH LEASE.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:59 PM   #133
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Give your panties a good pull there, hot rod....You seem a little wedged up. I thought maybe your little hiatus would give you time to get back on your meds. Apparently I was wrong.

It's a boring game....there is no way to argue otherwise. All that hype for a zero zero snooze fest after regulation time and 3/4 of extra time?! PUH LEASE.
She's Canadian, no one cares what they think anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:28 AM   #134
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

That game was horrible. No scoring and about a hundred yellow cards on bullshit flops, mostly by Spain. Im glad the World Cup is over because I couldnt stand seeing another grown man fall to the ground and writhe around in pain because someone stepped on his toe.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:07 AM   #135
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
That game was a case study in why soccer will never be popular in this country. An hour and twenty minutes of absolute BOREDOM.
The game was terrible because of the terrible officiating. It seems the ref was paid very well from a spanish sponsor. Yellow cards to every dutch player except for 3, and only 2 given to spain? Enough yellow cards to make Holland play with one less man? Really bad calls against holland, but the same plays by spain let go? a whistle every 15-20 seconds?

It was a terrible final with terrible officiating.

The Germany/Uraguay game was much better.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:36 AM   #136
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:

Maybe you could hook me up with your supplier.

Panties not wadded, I don't care who likes or doesn't like the game. But if you don't like it....here's a tip....YOU DON'T HAVE TO WATCH IT!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
The game was terrible because of the terrible officiating. It seems the ref was paid very well from a spanish sponsor. Yellow cards to every dutch player except for 3, and only 2 given to spain? Enough yellow cards to make Holland play with one less man? Really bad calls against holland, but the same plays by spain let go? a whistle every 15-20 seconds?

It was a terrible final with terrible officiating.

The Germany/Uraguay game was much better.
Um....did you miss the kung fu kick to the chest that should have been a red card?

I'll admit the game was a gong show in the yellow card department. I thought after the first 3 that maybe it would settle down but by the end of that game there were a lot of players in danger of being sent off if they even looked the wrong way.

A lot of those fouls just should've been free kicks and left at that.

I'm sorry though, that kung fu kick to the chest should've been an immediate red card.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:51 AM   #137
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Well now its over so we dont have to hear about it for another 4 years

besides real football starts in a few eeks anyway
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:04 AM   #138
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
She's Canadian, no one cares what they think anyway.
Quoted for truth
Old 07-12-2010, 11:35 AM   #139
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Panties not wadded, I don't care who likes or doesn't like the game. But if you don't like it....here's a tip....YOU DON'T HAVE TO WATCH IT!!!!

I think I speak for most sports fans when i say that we want to like soccer. So every 4 years we try to watch and get into the games but most of us end up disappointed. I have seen some good, exciting games this year but it seems like exciting is the exception in stead of the rule.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:39 AM   #140
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post
I think I speak for most sports fans when i say that we want to like soccer. So every 4 years we try to watch and get into the games but most of us end up disappointed. I have seen some good, exciting games this year but it seems like exciting is the exception in stead of the rule.

That's your opinion and that's fair. My point is just that, if you don't like it, well then don't watch it.

I hate American Football so I don't watch it. Same goes for Baseball. But I don't go around saying how stupid and boring it is. I just go on my merry way and don't watch it.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote