Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-30-2010, 04:21 PM   #1
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom
Default Am I wrong for wanting to sign my daughter's report card?

My daughter's mother is refusing to let me sign my daughter's report card. She says she's already signed it. I told her that's fine, I want to sign it, too. She says no, and here's her reasoning:

As for signing, there is one line for a signature. You already signed the interim report and that was before I even got to see it.

I can't tell you how important it is for the mommy to get to sign the report cards. My mom always signed them. Dad always looked them over and made comments, but mom was the one that always signed them. Everyone I know always has them signed by Mom. It's a big deal. I don't know how to explain it. Why are you so adamant about signing something that you know means so much to me? Is it because you know I want to do it so badly and you are doing it to me mean or is it so you can show the school how involved you are and you think this is your way to prove it?

--------

So, am I wrong for wanting to sign the card, too? Or is she just nuts?
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 04:36 PM   #2
dubbs
Multistrada

I don't have a kid, so I can't speak from experience, but I don't really see the issue.

If there is only one line on the report card and she already signed it, so then why do you want to sign it too? It doesn't mean anything (as far as I can tell)

I kind of see her point, but her reasoning is a bit off.
Daily Driver - 2011 Toyota Prius - Black
Beater - 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid - Dust Colored
dubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 04:55 PM   #3
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Why does it matter who signs it?
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 04:56 PM   #4
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Fuck that noise. My father, as the "head of the house", always signed my report cards. I think that you're pushing a non issue, but hers is an emotional argument with no logic behind it. Now you SEEING the report card, prior to the signature being returned, is a different story.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 05:01 PM   #5
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Why does it matter who signs it?
I think it should be signed by both of us. The signature line is underneath a "parent's pledge" to meet certain goals, etc. Since her mom and I aren't together and my daughter spends time with each of us during the week, I think we should both sign it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Fuck that noise. My father, as the "head of the house", always signed my report cards. I think that you're pushing a non issue, but hers is an emotional argument with no logic behind it. Now you SEEING the report card, prior to the signature being returned, is a different story.
She won't even let me see the original card. She scanned it and e-mailed it to me, but that's it. And EVERY argument she's had about my daughter has been an emotional one with absolutely zero logic being used. It's ridiculous.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 05:24 PM   #6
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

ehh I don't understand why it's a big deal for either of you to sign it... just as long as you both SEE it. The whole point is that you know how your kid is progressing in school... not who's mark is going to be left on your kid's transcripts...

again, I'm no parent... but I'd say fuck it... give the bitch what she wants... again... as long as you SEE it. Pick your battles...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 05:30 PM   #7
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Of all battles to fight, this is one I'd skip, it's petty in my opinion. A power struggle with no gain at the end of it to even be worthwhile. A signature on a card does not show or prove how involved or committed to their child a parent is, not saying that is your intent.
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 05:47 PM   #8
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by tached1000rr View Post
Of all battles to fight, this is one I'd skip, it's petty in my opinion. A power struggle with no gain at the end of it to even be worthwhile. A signature on a card does not show or prove how involved or committed to their child a parent is, not saying that is your intent.
Agreed, I believe the mother did her part and sent you a copy. This seems like one of those things that you should let go. If anything print out the scanned copy, show it to your daughter, tell her you are proud and drop that in the school bag
Old 10-30-2010, 06:18 PM   #9
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Everyone I know always has them signed by Mom. It's a big deal.
How fucking stupid
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 06:31 PM   #10
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

I think your both retarded. Her because she's female. You because your trying to reason with a woman (inherently retarded), instead of telling her who the fucking man is, and how shits gonna run with your daughter.

I was drinking with a friend not long ago, while he complained about his divorce. I was getting fed up, because frankly, I dont give a shit about his problems, i've generally got my own to deal with. Anyway, he was like 'If she wasnt such a bitch, I might still be married'... So, I said 'Ya, you and ten million other men, fuckhead, now stop crying, its making me fucking uncomfortable'. He didnt like that, but fuck him. We all knew she was a bitch before they were married, so there was no reason for him not to see it. If love is blind, people shouldnt fall in love. And instead of having more kids, this time with the woman you cheated on your baby mama with, you should have maybe opened your fucking eyes, grow the fuck up, and realize what life as a divorced dad is gonna be like before you make more fucking dumb decisions. I explained this to him in detail, even harsher then i've typed.

Sorry for the rant.. Divorced people are starting to make my fucking stomach turn. And the more of my friends that get married, the more divorced friends I eventually have.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote