Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 08-14-2009, 11:23 AM   #31
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
Not for nothing but he didnt have the greatest staff of Coaches in Atlanta...Nor did he have High caliber Players to throw to...

Michael Jordan took Two years off and came back and won three championships in a row...Playing baseball doesnt exactly help you work on your B ball game.

You think Vick didnt touch a football the whole time he's been out?? Your failing to realize...the man is hungry to get back into the game...I still stand by my post...YES I hink he is in good shape and would be a good Player.
Vick is an athelete on a level that none of us can fathom. It is like comparing yourself to Nicky Hayden. Sure he sucks compared to the competition, but compared to the armchair quarterbacks, he is in a whole other league.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:36 AM   #32
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. He has been out for 2 years but seems to be in decent shape but yes football shape is different for sure.

It was rumored that he may sign with my Carolina Panthers...they did talk to eachother but obviously he didn't sign with them.

I'm not really sure how I feel about him playing.

Bottom line though...he served his time so hopefully he learned something and is changed for the better.

I'm a dog lover and have owned Pit Bulls but never fought them. The fighting part didn't really bother me that much although I don't condone it. The part that bothered me is what he did to the dogs that didn't perform...that is still stuck in my head and I don't like it.

Again though...the man served his time so let him play imho.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:57 AM   #33
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
I sure hope he has touched a football since he has been out, but none of those touches has been in a professional game or even with professional players in over 2 years. Vick was never the caliber of player Jordan was. Jordan was the best player in the NBA by a pretty wide margin. Vick was never even close to the same thing in the NFL. Concerning who he hat to throw to, it isn't like Philly has a receiving corps of pro bowl players either.
Well if Vick plays receiver I guess we'll have our pro bowl Status then wont we

Philly is a whole hell of a lot better than Atlanta as a whole
Old 08-14-2009, 12:00 PM   #34
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:

I suppose so, it would be nice if that pro bowl receiver had been to the pro bowl as a receiver though.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:06 PM   #35
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
It will be interesting to see how it plays out. He has been out for 2 years but seems to be in decent shape but yes football shape is different for sure.

It was rumored that he may sign with my Carolina Panthers...they did talk to eachother but obviously he didn't sign with them.

I'm not really sure how I feel about him playing.

Bottom line though...he served his time so hopefully he learned something and is changed for the better.

I'm a dog lover and have owned Pit Bulls but never fought them. The fighting part didn't really bother me that much although I don't condone it. The part that bothered me is what he did to the dogs that didn't perform...that is still stuck in my head and I don't like it.

Again though...the man served his time so let him play imho.
if i look at it from the devils advocate side you couldnt really make pets out of a failed fighter, they also may have recieved damage in training. Im unable t o find justification for methods used other than shooting however
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:14 PM   #36
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
if i look at it from the devils advocate side you couldnt really make pets out of a failed fighter, they also may have recieved damage in training. Im unable t o find justification for methods used other than shooting however
I don't disagree.

It was the method of killing and supposedly the enjoyment he and his cronies got out of it that bothered me. That was just flat out heartless and cruel not to mention the dogfighting part in the first place.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:35 PM   #37
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Sports is an unreal world. Gotta love it.

Now granted, the guy did his time, and I think he should be allowed to freely pursue the career he chose for himself.

But I know that if I did what he did, there would be no way in hell I could come back to my career after jail. Not just my company, but anything closely related to my career before. In the real world it seems as people just don't forget shit like this, right or wrong.
defector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:56 PM   #38
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
Sports is an unreal world. Gotta love it.

Now granted, the guy did his time, and I think he should be allowed to freely pursue the career he chose for himself.

But I know that if I did what he did, there would be no way in hell I could come back to my career after jail. Not just my company, but anything closely related to my career before. In the real world it seems as people just don't forget shit like this, right or wrong.
Honestly if you did what he did, you would have had very little done to you at all, community service a mild fee and a slap on the wrist at best. I think it was because of his status and who he was that got him what he did.

These type of incidents occur frequently and I'm no expert or don't follow the trial outcomes, but this was bigger than the abuse of animals in my opinion.
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:59 PM   #39
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post

But I know that if I did what he did, there would be no way in hell I could come back to my career after jail. Not just my company, but anything closely related to my career before.
Thats because a ton of places wont hire criminals. The NFL isnt quite the same, and no matter what people here may say, Vick is one of the best in the world at what he does. When you can say your in the top 20 recievers/quarterbacks/point guards/goaltenders/etc, etc in the WORLD, then trust me, record or not, you wont have much problem finding a job.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:02 PM   #40
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:

Vick aprobowl reciever I dont think so. Philly does have a good group of young recievers and I am curious to see what maclin does this year.

On this team he may be a gimmick player but not much more, plus when mcnabb goes into his yearly rut or gets hurt does he become the starter?

I think he brings too many negatives to the table esp for a playoff caliber team in the toughest division in football.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote