Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 01-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #11
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

I vote Triumph. Had a blast on the one I rode. I prefer the Speed over the Street, but I'm a sucker for getting in trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:44 PM   #12
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Why no Honda 919? or CBF600?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:30 PM   #13
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post

I have kinda fallen in love with the little funky Er6. I even like the looks. But the bike is what it is intended for, a budget ride. You can't expect as much out of it, and the performance isnt going to be there. But its grown on me, and might be a good plan B. Papa's bike is what I'd like to do...

Have you tried the er6 yet? Its no powerhouse, but you can have some fun on it big time. It really handles like a dream and its fairly tourqy for what it is, not a bad bike, and you can throw down in the corners with the rubber that would fit on it.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:32 PM   #14
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Hey pork, I'll order a camera tank mount and get some riding vids if you're not in a huge hurry.

The er-6n has power, it's just not an accelerator king.

Last edited by Rangerscott; 01-08-2012 at 10:35 PM..
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:36 PM   #15
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Why no Honda 919? or CBF600?
Trying to stay off a big bike until my insurance rates go down a bit. Never really thought about the CB600. Wanted to expand outside of the inline 4 world a bit, but I may look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Have you tried the er6 yet? Its no powerhouse, but you can have some fun on it big time. It really handles like a dream and its fairly tourqy for what it is, not a bad bike, and you can throw down in the corners with the rubber that would fit on it.
I've tested a friends older generation ninja 650. Only around the block though, because he was in the process of trading the thing in for his zx14. I know its the same basic package, minus the fairing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Hey pork, I'll order a camera tank mount and get some riding vids if you're not in a huge hurry.

The er-6n has power, it's just not an accelerator king.
No huge hurry. There are plenty of months of frigid temps and fluffy white stuff left here in ohio. If I could find a good deal soon I might jump on it, but there are other things I should probably take care of before buying another bike.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:42 PM   #16
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Well once you get a new bike, we can ride naked together.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:41 AM   #17
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

To me, riding a naked sport bike feels like your body is a parachute that the wind is trying to blow backwards. Unless of course you put clipons on it. Handlebars suck.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:53 AM   #18
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
To me, riding a naked sport bike feels like your body is a parachute that the wind is trying to blow backwards. Unless of course you put clipons on it. Handlebars suck.
Yea. Its amazing how different a bike feels with dirt bike bars. I almost sold the er6n when I got home with it because I couldnt make up my mind if I liked them or not. The next thing I buy for it is a steering damper. The front end is so light and I dont add much weight. You get to rumping on it while in a turn or get to changing lanes fast the front end gets a litttle crazy.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #19
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
riky racer crouch is much worse for 95% of riding, how often do you see a guy on a sportbike riding down the frwy w/ 1 hand on their knee or hips resting that arm....
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:36 PM   #20
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
A sportbikes wind protection isn't any better though. The fairing isn't designed for that anyway. Thats why a majority of street riders do a double bubble. I'm coming from a small bike with minimal wind protection, close to that of a ninja 250. I had a guy tell me that he thought the wind was less intrusive when he moved to his STR from his 250. I plan on doing a small screen like Papa did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Yea. Its amazing how different a bike feels with dirt bike bars. I almost sold the er6n when I got home with it because I couldnt make up my mind if I liked them or not. The next thing I buy for it is a steering damper. The front end is so light and I dont add much weight. You get to rumping on it while in a turn or get to changing lanes fast the front end gets a litttle crazy.
I don't think I will have a problem with weight on the front.... #fatass

Besides im trying to get something close to the bar angle of my 500. I think the 696 is the closest with a little more straight arm, but I wouldnt mind higher bars. I could always go to a flatter bar on the Er.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
riky racer crouch is much worse for 95% of riding, how often do you see a guy on a sportbike riding down the frwy w/ 1 hand on their knee or hips resting that arm....
All the time. My buddy does it all the time on his 636 and I just laugh at him. Yea you can outrun me, and yea you have a cool bike, but they are so impractical unless you are bombing them.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote