Moto GP Star

Default 2008 Ducati 848 vs Suzuki GSX-R750

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Articl...ID=6900&Page=1
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:27 AM   #2
Gunther1000
Jesus Christ!

Moto: (The Chi's lover)

man, I don't know.. It seems like a tough call even for a guy like me who has only had in line 4's. I like the avalibility of aftermarket stuff for the gsxr and of course cost but your averag duc doesnt need much upgrading... I cant wait for KTM to come up to speed. I think they woll be a major player and possibly my first v twin.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:45 AM   #3
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Can't get any more sexy than that 848. Of course for everyday riding you probably would feel much more comfortable on the 750. Plus I wouldn't sweat leaving it outside Hooters at 1 am, but the Duc I would have to have a window seat to watch it like a hawk...

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:40 AM   #4
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

I like both and would take either. For the $$...sure I'd take the 750 but overall the 848 is .
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 03:35 PM   #5
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

750 will whip the 848's ass. Ten Kate 600rrs in race trim whip the 848's ass over in europe. The 848 is just prettier in this case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:49 PM   #6
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
750 will whip the 848's ass. Ten Kate 600rrs in race trim whip the 848's ass over in europe. The 848 is just prettier in this case.
...plus the fact that you don't see tons of them running up and down the street like gsxr's...

According to the link in the initial post...

Okay, okay-so you're still wondering which one is best? Without a doubt these two machines are equally matched. But it all comes down to where you like to ride. If trackdays at tight and technical racetracks are your idea of fun then without a doubt the 848 is hard to beat. Its racy ergos, solid chassis and rider-friendly engine make it almost impossible not to have a good time aboard. However if you're planning on riding at faster circuits like Willow Springs big track, then the more Suzuki's forgiving chassis, extra bit of power, along with the gear ratios might suit you better.

As for which one is king on the street again, that depends on where you are riding. If you're just going to be running around town and looking for something different that will standout in a sea of Japanese sportbikes and American cruisers than by all means the 848 it is. However, if you need a fast, comfortable commuter that's easy to live with everyday and flat out eats up roads then the GSX-R's hard to beat.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:54 PM   #7
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Name a middleweight bike that a Ten Kate 600 rr couldn't whip anyways...Hell Tommy Hayden won some 750 superstock races back in '03 on a 636 Kawi. Doesn't mean it was necessarily just the bike though.

Bottom line, OEM Vs OEM the Suzy comes out on top performance wise, comfort wise, all around utility wise, but the Duc has passion and style, and that certain flair that makes ones hypthallamous gland squirt juicy love fluids all over...

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 02:57 PM   #8
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Name a middleweight bike that a Ten Kate 600 rr couldn't whip anyways...Hell Tommy Hayden won some 750 superstock races back in '03 on a 636 Kawi. Doesn't mean it was necessarily just the bike though.

Bottom line, OEM Vs OEM the Suzy comes out on top performance wise, comfort wise, all around utility wise, but the Duc has passion and style, and that certain flair that makes ones hypthallamous gland squirt juicy love fluids all over...
yeah this is definitely a performance vs pretty competition. 848 isnt a bad bike performance wise, just not a 750.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:22 AM   #9
Gunther1000
Jesus Christ!

Moto: (The Chi's lover)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
yeah this is definitely a performance vs pretty competition. 848 isnt a bad bike performance wise, just not a 750.
Well, Your 600 whip's my 1000 every pass thru the gap...
Old 08-14-2008, 12:25 PM   #10
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post

Pretty much sums it up right there.