Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Touring

Old 04-09-2009, 04:50 PM   #1
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
Thanks a ton. Do you normally ride with an mp3 player or anything? I am thinking about selling my scala rider team set and buying a chatterbox to replace it. I know the guy leading in planning this trip has one, so I'm sure talking some would make it much easier and make the time pass quicker.

On my trip up to indy (right around 500 miles of interstate), I did the same thing about breaking it down into the shorter segments. 1000 is a lot more than 500 though, physically and mentally.
Ok, my thoughts on the Chatterbox. I know not everyone feels this way, but I'll give you my opinion. Take $150 out of your pocket. Set it on the ground. Set it on fire. you will get more enjoyment out of that than a Chatterbox. I had one. They are junk. The *only* time we could hear each other was if we were stopped *next* to each other at a light, and there wasn't any wind.

I do use the iPod portion of my iPhone. Do you have good headphones? If not, I'd suggest not wasting your money on anything but Etymotic ER-6i's. I think Shure makes something comparable, but I've not tried their product.