Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 06-24-2010, 04:44 PM   #31
Full Throttle
~Italian Stallion~

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF-R6

I think ill end up going with the Sena. I almost bought a G4 Cardo multiset but im rethinking it now.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:56 PM   #32
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Yeah I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the Sena... just when I can afford it is another matter.

oh... Trip... when you get a chance... test out if you can pair it with ANY other blue tooth headset or only another Sena...

and by "when you get a chance" i mean "as soon as possible fuck tard"
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:08 PM   #33
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
Yeah I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the Sena... just when I can afford it is another matter.

oh... Trip... when you get a chance... test out if you can pair it with ANY other blue tooth headset or only another Sena...

and by "when you get a chance" i mean "as soon as possible fuck tard"
I think Pete is on vacation by his status on facebook so it will be at least a week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:43 PM   #34
Kerry_129
Semi-reformed Squid

From what I've read on ADVRider, it only pairs with other Senas unfortunately. But it will pair with 3 other units - with manual channel switching, not simultaneous. The Scala G4 will do 3 simultaneous.
Kerry_129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:51 PM   #35
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry_129 View Post
From what I've read on ADVRider, it only pairs with other Senas unfortunately. But it will pair with 3 other units - with manual channel switching, not simultaneous. The Scala G4 will do 3 simultaneous.
yeah that's the big minus between Scala and Sena. I am sure there will be a SMH20 in a few months to piss me off that does that.

Since I will mostly be using these with my wife or alone, just one pairing is fine with me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 06-25-2010, 05:07 AM   #36
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

see my thing is that mostly... I'll be using it solo... but would like in the future if I meet up with another rider who has a bluetooth headset to pair up and ride... chances of getting someone who has one at all is rare... and even more so if it has to be the same model.

I may wait until they can figure something like that out.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:22 AM   #37
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
see my thing is that mostly... I'll be using it solo... but would like in the future if I meet up with another rider who has a bluetooth headset to pair up and ride... chances of getting someone who has one at all is rare... and even more so if it has to be the same model.

I may wait until they can figure something like that out.
I doubt they will ever allow that, seriously, they want you to buy their brand, they aren't going to let a rival be used with their system.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:38 AM   #38
Kerry_129
Semi-reformed Squid

Yabbbut, I did read a thread where a guy & his riding buds used GMRS radios (the 5-watt 'license required' - but not needed to purchase & unenforceable - version of the typical 2-watt FRS units) with bluetooth in conjunction w/ a headset. They hacked a cheap push-to-talk microphone to make a bar mounted PTT button & had range for several miles w/ anyone tuned to the same channel.

Problem is, I don't think I wanna listen to that much chatter - it would really take some airwave discipline for that to not become a PITA!
Kerry_129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:44 AM   #39
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Somebody explain this bluetooth pairing thing for bike to bike. I understand basic pairing from phone to intercomm system... but what about bike to bike. How's the range as well?

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:54 AM   #40
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry_129 View Post
Yabbbut, I did read a thread where a guy & his riding buds used GMRS radios (the 5-watt 'license required' - but not needed to purchase & unenforceable - version of the typical 2-watt FRS units) with bluetooth in conjunction w/ a headset. They hacked a cheap push-to-talk microphone to make a bar mounted PTT button & had range for several miles w/ anyone tuned to the same channel.

Problem is, I don't think I wanna listen to that much chatter - it would really take some airwave discipline for that to not become a PITA!
Yeah I wanted to go this route in the beginning just because of the universal aspect of it. I could never find a quality system. A lot of people recommended the starcom setup, but I could never get it decent enough to use at any kind of speed.

If I had the cash to screw one of these up, I could probably jerry rig the mic from the Sena into a PTT type FRS setup and use the hardwire line audio line on the SENA to do something similar.