Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Aftermarket Modding

Old 02-14-2009, 08:58 AM   #1
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Default Cool Body Kit for '08 CBR1000RR

I think this kit looks cool as hell! Oh and I'm thinking of changing mine for fun. Either the "Lucky Strike" or the "Rizla Suzuki" any thoughts? Btw I can get either kit for about $400 shipped.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Honda 1.jpg (96.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Suzuki 1.jpg (101.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Suzuki 2.jpg (129.9 KB, 1 views)
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:00 AM   #2
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Is the "kit" all new body work or just the stickers. 400 seems kinda cheap for a whole new set of body work and a little pricey for stickers.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:05 AM   #3
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

Moto: VTX 1300C, RC51, CBR600RR, CBR929RR

Something else to think about is fitment. It's sounds cheap for full body work, so how well will it fit up to the mounting points? I've similar stuff posted up elsewhere, but I've never been able to find any kind of review. If it all mounts up fine without any problems, then I'd say go for it. But if you've gotta do extensive work to just get it to line up...
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"
MikeSP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:08 AM   #4
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSP1 View Post
Something else to think about is fitment. It's sounds cheap for full body work, so how well will it fit up to the mounting points? I've similar stuff posted up elsewhere, but I've never been able to find any kind of review. If it all mounts up fine without any problems, then I'd say go for it. But if you've gotta do extensive work to just get it to line up...
Thats my thought 400 sounds real cheap for a "full" set of body work.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:23 AM   #5
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Well,I already have an aftermarket body kit and they can require some modding to make them fit perfectly but in my experience,so have race kits and even stock body work has required some Dremmel work to get it to fit right. Shit,I could tell you a horror story about Suzuki carbon fiber front and rear fenders if you're interested. Anyway,I,once again,didn't start this thread to defend Chinese plastic,they send me an email when they come up with a new kit and I thought it looked cool so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Thats my thought 400 sounds real cheap for a "full" set of body work.

Tom

Nope,that's what I paid for the kit on my bike now...

Old 02-14-2009, 09:38 AM   #6
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

The pictures look pretty good. If I was hard pressed for a full set of bodywork on the cheap and had the time to make it fit, then I'd honestly think about picking this stuff up.

Just curious, but did the kit for your Suzuki come from the same company? But I'd personally go for the "Lucky Strike" I think it looks the best of the three. That Rizla blue looks kinda homo
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"

Last edited by MikeSP1; 02-14-2009 at 09:40 AM..
Old 02-14-2009, 09:52 AM   #7
jalaan1
orangina Zed

Moto: '12 Z1000

damnnnnn Tig!

didn't you JUST change yur body work?
did you hit another deer?lol

i say go for the Lucky Strikes one.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:01 AM   #8
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSP1 View Post
The pictures look pretty good. If I was hard pressed for a full set of bodywork on the cheap and had the time to make it fit, then I'd honestly think about picking this stuff up.

Just curious, but did the kit for your Suzuki come from the same company? But I'd personally go for the "Lucky Strike" I think it looks the best of the three. That Rizla blue looks kinda homo

Yea,I agree on the lt blue...I look at it once and think,"Sure that's ok,especially in NC (UNC Tarheels)" then I think it's gay...

Reviews of Chinese plastic;

http://www.fireblades.org/forums/rev...e-koji-rr.html

http://www.1000rr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=47426

There are a fucking million reviews of Auctmarts/Hong Kong plastic!
Old 02-14-2009, 10:04 AM   #9
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalaan1 View Post
damnnnnn Tig!

didn't you JUST change yur body work?
did you hit another deer?lol

i say go for the Lucky Strikes one.

Yea,but for $400...idk shit like this is fun for me! Besides,maybe I'll hold off on the fucking new Shark helmet for a while!!! Man,that white/carbon fiber is off the chain!!!
Old 02-14-2009, 10:18 AM   #10
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

So it fits up decently, looks good, and is cheap enough that you can afford another full set if you go down. Sounds like a good deal then, a full set for less than what I paid for my upper and lower.