Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Aftermarket Modding

Old 05-21-2009, 07:10 PM   #21
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

The OEMs and not OEMs have different letters (or numbers) on the sidewall.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:18 AM   #22
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
You know there's always the comfort factor and what you are used to as well... I didn't think I could ever like a tire as much as the Diablos I've been running. It's really hard to say without running all the tires back to back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I hear ya. I swore I'd never run anything but PP...but I've grown fond of the Corsa III.
If I could get 5K out of a Corsa III, I'd run them constantly. Sadly, I cannot. After 2 tries, and an average of 3K per rear, I'm on PP's. We shall see how they do. Road 2's are next on the list for a rear tire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:49 AM   #23
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
If I could get 5K out of a Corsa III, I'd run them constantly. Sadly, I cannot. After 2 tries, and an average of 3K per rear, I'm on PP's. We shall see how they do. Road 2's are next on the list for a rear tire.
I have 3000 on a pilot road sitting in my basement, and it looks better then the corsa III I have on the bike with 1000 on it.

Ill be switching back as soon as I use up the pirellis.

I've never taken the pilot road beyond its grip, so I have no need for the corsa.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:41 AM   #24
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
I go with the same rationale on milage that I do on price: I dont care about it. I need it to work and I need it to grip. So if 3k is what I get out of a Corsa than so be it...but at the same time, I've got about nearly 3k miles on my Corsas and they look fucking great. So...right now I'm good for atleast 5k, IMO.

Maybe your application of the big twins throttle needs to be a little smoother, youngbuck.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:01 AM   #25
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
I go with the same rationale on milage that I do on price: I dont care about it. I need it to work and I need it to grip. So if 3k is what I get out of a Corsa than so be it...but at the same time, I've got about nearly 3k miles on my Corsas and they look fucking great. So...right now I'm good for atleast 5k, IMO.

Maybe your application of the big twins throttle needs to be a little smoother, youngbuck.
If you went through more tires, I bet you'd care more.

3000 on the original tires on your bike? For some of use, that's 2 months of riding.

I've had mine a little over a year, and I'm on my third set of overpriced tires.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:06 AM   #26
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
If you went through more tires, I bet you'd care more.

3000 on the original tires on your bike? For some of use, that's 2 months of riding.

I've had mine a little over a year, and I'm on my third set of overpriced tires.
I buy 'em as I need 'em, brutha. Thats all I can do.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:05 AM   #27
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
The OEMs and not OEMs have different letters (or numbers) on the sidewall.
If it is an OEM tire, it will have an "OE" code on the side. In the case of my GSXR it was an M. If there is no OE code on the side then it in NOT an OEM spec tire.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:20 PM   #28
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:

Oh I know that my throttle hand is very aggressive, and I know that leads to increased wear of the rear tire (but saves on the front when its not on the ground )

And I need my tires to grip and work as well. But if I can find a tire that will wear longer for the same or less money and still meet my traction needs, well then why not?

The only time I got the Corsa to step out was at the track, last session of the day, about 4 laps left of that session, full lean and WAY to hard on the gas coming out of the corner. I don't NEED that kind of stick on the street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:34 PM   #29
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Oh I know that my throttle hand is very aggressive, and I know that leads to increased wear of the rear tire (but saves on the front when its not on the ground )

And I need my tires to grip and work as well. But if I can find a tire that will wear longer for the same or less money and still meet my traction needs, well then why not?

The only time I got the Corsa to step out was at the track, last session of the day, about 4 laps left of that session, full lean and WAY to hard on the gas coming out of the corner. I don't NEED that kind of stick on the street.
hahahahahahha....I love torque. That is all. Back to you.

Quote:
Old 05-22-2009, 03:08 PM   #30
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

torque>all

but i am in the same boat cutty is in, to balance tire life, cost and performance

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote