Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 04:46 PM   #2
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
You can always do your pilates at home.
I don't even know what that is...prolly don't want to either.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 05:06 PM   #3
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

The pilate pirates. Arrrrrrrr.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:25 AM   #4
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

My local Golds gym is kinda ratty but I'm glad its still around. All the <insert LA\Planet\Whatever> fitness places that are opening up all suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:46 AM   #5
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Ya know thinking about it it seems the Bb gyms in the area have dissapeared in lieu of mma oriented gyms
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:14 PM   #6
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Ya know thinking about it it seems the Bb gyms in the area have dissapeared in lieu of mma oriented gyms
Naww, they dissapear because the hardcore segment of gym users is so small, and most cities really cant support a hardcore gym like that. It causes a membership problem, because for many reasons (fear, jealousy, embarrassment, just plain uncomfortable) the regular users dont want to train in a BB/PL gym. And you cant blame them in some ways.

And then the hardcore guys dont want to train at regular gyms, because in most cases they just dont have the equipment they need.

Hell, when I was juiced, I tried training at a 'fitness club', and I was asked not to use so many plates at one time because there was not enough for the other users. To be fair, I had like 1800lbs on the leg sled, but still, it proved to me that I just could not train in a place like that as a hardcore lifter.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:22 PM   #7
Akilldema
Canyon Carver

Moto: FJR1300

40 plates? Come on dude. The gym I go to has a monolift, chalk all over the floor, etc and I doubt our leg press will hold that much.. A fitness club with that kind of equipment would shock me. Not to mention you doing it with good form.
Akilldema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:35 PM   #8
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akilldema View Post
40 plates? Come on dude. The gym I go to has a monolift, chalk all over the floor, etc and I doubt our leg press will hold that much.. A fitness club with that kind of equipment would shock me. Not to mention you doing it with good form.
I used to work out at the YMCA and they had 100lb plates and the leg sled would easily hold 18 of them. Never seen anyone do it but there was certainly room.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:36 PM   #9
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akilldema View Post
Dude, I was squatting 650 for 4 reps, perfect form. I didnt do 1800 for one rep, I did it or sets of 12.

40 plates, whats the big deal. 3 posts on the sled, (right, left, and center, and each holds 15 (most press posts are 2 feet long). Any decent fitness center should have 150-200 plates.

Anyway, not sure what kinda fitness clubs you trained at, but the amount of weights has never been a problem in them for me. Its the amount of squat racks, power racks, benches, and size of dumbells that gave me problems, along with the gym being full when I could train.

The power club, a small dungeon gym near here, only has about 50 plates. A lot less then most fitness centers. But its never a problem, because theres never more then 2-3 people in there at a time. (thankfully its funded by the village, because it would have closed 15 years ago).

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:42 PM   #10
Akilldema
Canyon Carver

Moto: FJR1300

There are plenty of plates in the gym, but I don't know if the machine will hold 15 on each post. I've seen people max out leg presses with their buddy sitting on top of the machine like it was some kind of photo shoot before, usually with a very very short range of motion. I don't know dude, sounds a lot like e-stats to me. Kind of like being 300 ripped, with not a single clear photo.
Akilldema is offline   Reply With Quote