Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-11-2008, 01:28 AM   #11
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati Diva View Post
Yup They are one of the biggest in the US and only live in fast moving water. We did a two week study of them in college. It was very cool.
they dont live this far north, most we see are tiger salamanders and eastern newts (or red efts)

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:34 AM   #12
Ducati Diva
just learning

Moto: 1996 M900

OK I told ya I was a geek I live in the salamander capital of the world. maybe that should go in the useless facts thread
Old 12-11-2008, 01:40 AM   #13
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
OK I told ya I was a geek I live in the salamander capital of the world. maybe that should go in the useless facts thread
I used to realy be interested in them when I was a kid ( mostly because my parents let me keep them and I coul dafford to buy them) eastern newts only cost a few dollars. I have since moved on to legless reptiles I have 3 snakes now and once we buy a house that # is sure to go up. I just need to make sure my # of cats doesnt suddenly/mysteriously go down

Tom
Old 12-11-2008, 01:47 AM   #14
Ducati Diva
just learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
I used to realy be interested in them when I was a kid ( mostly because my parents let me keep them and I coul dafford to buy them) eastern newts only cost a few dollars. I have since moved on to legless reptiles I have 3 snakes now and once we buy a house that # is sure to go up. I just need to make sure my # of cats doesnt suddenly/mysteriously go down

Tom
I'm down to one snake now. He's just a baby. Just fed him this afternoon so can't handle him for a few days *sniff*
I still go out in the woods to find salamanders though. I purdy much love anything that has to do with the outdoors. Got my degree in forestry with a minor in wildlife mang.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:03 AM   #15
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I'm down to one snake now. He's just a baby. Just fed him this afternoon so can't handle him for a few days *sniff*
I still go out in the woods to find salamanders though. I purdy much love anything that has to do with the outdoors. Got my degree in forestry with a minor in wildlife mang.
What do you have. I have 2 jungle carpet pythons and a mex mex kingsnake.

I live on LI so theres not much in terms of reptiles and amphibians. Mostly turtles, frogs and some salamanders. Whenever I am out in the wooded areas I am always flipping over rocks and stuff looking for critters thoguh.

We were down at deals gap a few years ago, and I was leading a ride and I actualy stopped to take a box turtle off the road so he wouldnt get flattened.

Tom
Old 12-11-2008, 02:11 AM   #16
Ducati Diva
just learning

Right now I have a baby ball python. He's only 2' but growing fast. I have had many over the years. They are beautiful animals and very much misunderstood by most people. I've had all kinds of turtles, frogs, lizzards ect. I'm one that stops and moves turtles to
Old 12-11-2008, 02:32 AM   #17
tommymac
Moto GP Star

I was never a big fan of the ball pythons although there are some nice looking morphs comming out now. Aside from some north american snakes my next 2 purchase will prolly be a borneo or sumatran blood python, and a tiger phase reticulated python.

We went to a reptile show 2 weeks ago to get rodents and soem other supplies and I brought hte missus and we were looking at some land tortises. She likes the sulcattas but they get kinda big. I did see a nice alligator snapper that was about a foot long, she promptly said no to that

tom
Old 12-11-2008, 02:43 AM   #18
Ducati Diva
just learning

I inherited the ball from my son. For some reason he didn't think Alaska was the place for a snake I like the boa's better myself. I adore the ring neck they are so cute but very easy to hurt. Also like corn snakes but they can be temperamental.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:24 AM   #19
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Corns are usualy prety good, I have owned 5 or 6 over the years and have been good pets. Some kings and milks can be a little flighty but with constant handling they almost always come around. Plus there are a lot of very cool morphs with corns.

Tom
Old 12-11-2008, 03:32 AM   #20
t-homo
WSB Champion

I have wanted a snake for the past few years. I was close to getting a gray banded king snake early in the spring until I realized I was going to switch schools and have to stay in the dorms. My parents said i'm not allowed to ever take it to their house if i get one. haha
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote