Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2011, 05:49 PM   #28
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

Just wanted to update everyone on my Crime Spree and its results. Hired myself a laywer. Called 3 including the only one in Robbinsville. First 2 made me feel terrible. Were shocked at my speed. Didn't think there was much they could do except get the reckless dropped and reduce the speed but that it was so high I would still loose my license. Hire the 3rd guy, he rides a BMW and has had his bike in the mid triple digits before so he wasn't so shocked that it does happen. He appealed my case in the district court and has asked that it be tried in Superior court. At that level, they do not recognize the speed, only that I was going 15+ over the speed limit. I am being told that he thinks I should keep my license and just pay some heavy fines....fine by me.

I hate that this has caused me to park my bike this fall. I miss riding but everytime I do go out, I catch myself speeding and fearing cops around every corner. Sucks. I'm taking the bike to the drag strip tonight to feed my need. Plan are in order for a touring bike this winter. Not sure what I will do with the Gix.

My next court date is Dec 12th. Fingers Crossed.

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote