Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-14-2013, 06:27 PM   #111
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Hey Kane. What do you eat for breakfast and lunch? Im on the road a lot for work so lunch is kicking my butt. I just got a couple loafs of gluten free bread (rice flour) and yes I know fuck bread, but I cant think of what to take. I just get my lunch pale and throw in 2 sandwhiches, apples, pears, bananas. Not sure if Im gonna keep on with yogurt. Gonna try without dairy and see what that does.

I gotta eat to get ful. I cant just take a salad for lunch. I dont need to lose any more weight.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:49 PM   #112
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Get yourself some tupperware and use it to take brown rice, black-eye peas, and/or kidney beans to work with you. That can be your carb source. Thow in some chicken or fish..... done.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:10 PM   #113
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Get yourself some tupperware and use it to take brown rice, black-eye peas, and/or kidney beans to work with you. That can be your carb source. Thow in some chicken or fish..... done.
Dont mind eating cold chicken but is cold fish ok to eat? Cooked is cooked cold or hot right. Id have to cook it the night before and nuke it in the morning. I really dont want to get up earlier than what I alreaey do to prepare my lunch.

Ive always been more of a bird eater over steak. Not that I dont like cow, just always seemedbetter to me. Im really digging these turkey patties Ive been getting. I just throw on some all season salt, pepper, and a tad of garlic and throw them on my electric grill/skillet thing.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:23 PM   #114
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Hey Kane. What do you eat for breakfast and lunch? Im on the road a lot for work so lunch is kicking my butt. I just got a couple loafs of gluten free bread (rice flour) and yes I know fuck bread, but I cant think of what to take. I just get my lunch pale and throw in 2 sandwhiches, apples, pears, bananas. Not sure if Im gonna keep on with yogurt. Gonna try without dairy and see what that does.

I gotta eat to get ful. I cant just take a salad for lunch. I dont need to lose any more weight.
I usually don't eat until between Noon and 3pm, depending on the morning's level of exertion, and when I do it is usually 3-4 eggs in grass-fed butter and 3-4 strips of bacon, greens and maybe some additional sources of lean protein again depending on exertion level. My second meal of the day is usually "dinner" and its usually a steak w/butter, a bunch of greens cooked various ways or eaten as a salad and if I lifted that day I'll usually have a big baked potato and some pie or ice cream too.

Hard-boiled eggs and bacon carry and travel quite well. You should ABSOLUTELY get full whenever you eat. Salads are a side, not a main course. All this rice-flour, gluten-free bread shit sounds disgusting. Honestly, does that stuff taste good? If not, there's a reason...stuff that tastes like cardboard generally has the same nutrition density. Eat delicious, juicy, nutrient-dense whole foods. If it goes bad and it tastes good then its probably good for you. If it can sit on your counter for a week or two or three at room temperature then its not food, don't eat it.

No one ever believes me, but you can also hit up McD's for some double cheeseburgers (don't eat those nasty buns). Great, cheap, healthy. For real. No, it shouldn't be your every meal, but its a good go-to.

I'm not sure about the whole beef being harder on your stomach than chicken or fish because that is entirely subjective to your own body and all meats are broken down in the stomach fairly quickly anyway. If anything I would think the insoluble fibers of the brown-rice and lentils (there's a reason beans make you fart) that Homeslice is suggesting would cause far more problems than any meat source you choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Dont mind eating cold chicken but is cold fish ok to eat? Cooked is cooked cold or hot right. Id have to cook it the night before and nuke it in the morning. I really dont want to get up earlier than what I alreaey do to prepare my lunch.

Ive always been more of a bird eater over steak. Not that I dont like cow, just always seemedbetter to me. Im really digging these turkey patties Ive been getting. I just throw on some all season salt, pepper, and a tad of garlic and throw them on my electric grill/skillet thing.
Cold or hot is good, room temperature is bad, standard rule for all meats. Turkey patties are fine, just make sure you're getting enough fat in your diet.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:45 AM   #115
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Got the bill in for the stool test. With deposit it totals about $950 (50% off). Still waiting on ultrasound bill. Guy told me after the $100 deposit it should he around $300.

Goes to show how much they screw you over. Why eo insurance companies pay the stupid high cost?