Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 07-01-2008, 01:24 PM   #11
Shift
Just a Noob

Moto: 08 Green 6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
It lessens the throttle response, by changing the fuel mapping but it still has the same top end. You just don't accelerate as fast.

I Still say keep her off that 750 , the MSF class was what either 125 or 250cc cruisers? Even a highly detuned 750 could still end up getting her in serious trouble if she makes a mistake or two.
Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:26 PM   #12
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
Time to add a second bike to the stable perhaps?

Perhaps try to find a used 08 250?
that's what I said!!!!
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:32 PM   #13
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I Still say keep her off that 750 , the MSF class was what either 125 or 250cc cruisers? Even a highly detuned 750 could still end up getting her in serious trouble if she makes a mistake or two.
Yeah she rode a 250 nighthawk. I keep telling her I don't think it's a good idea for her to take that bike out. Then her response is... "didn't you start out on a 750(Kawi Z750)?" I'm like yeah but I also rode dirt bikes my entire life..... My biggest concern would be her dropping it while doing low speed maneuvers like turning around in out driveway or in the street making a u turn. I know she'd be real easy in the throttle... She admitted to dropping the bike at the MSF course once when she was practicing her figure 8's.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:47 PM   #14
Shift
Just a Noob

Moto: 08 Green 6R

Quote:
Yeah she rode a 250 nighthawk. I keep telling her I don't think it's a good idea for her to take that bike out. Then her response is... "didn't you start out on a 750(Kawi Z750)?" I'm like yeah but I also rode dirt bikes my entire life..... My biggest concern would be her dropping it while doing low speed maneuvers like turning around in out driveway or in the street making a u turn. I know she'd be real easy in the throttle... She admitted to dropping the bike at the MSF course once when she was practicing her figure 8's.
Yeah ,its not so much I worry about her basic rider skills as it is everyone else on the street i worry about. In that parking lot she didn't have to worry about true emergency braking (I know they teach you how to but until someone gets real world experience you never know how there gonna react weather it be panick or apply the fundamentals they have learned)and cars trying to merge over on you and things like that. I would just be worried that in a danger unexpected situation a noob rider will make a few mistakes as to the best way to avoid the danger, and as we all know these mistakes can be a lot harder to control on the bigger more powerful bikes.
Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:55 PM   #15
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Just tell her no, say that when she has a bike for herself she will understand the whole don't let people ride your ride thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:05 PM   #16
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Yeah ,its not so much I worry about her basic rider skills as it is everyone else on the street i worry about. In that parking lot she didn't have to worry about true emergency braking (I know they teach you how to but until someone gets real world experience you never know how there gonna react weather it be panick or apply the fundamentals they have learned)and cars trying to merge over on you and things like that. I would just be worried that in a danger unexpected situation a noob rider will make a few mistakes as to the best way to avoid the danger, and as we all know these mistakes can be a lot harder to control on the bigger more powerful bikes.
Oh definitely and I would never let her take the bike out in traffic. Maybe just up and down my 25mph street, that's all. Yeah if she had to do a panic stop on this bike after practicing on a nighthawk, she'd do a stoppie for a about 2 seconds before she flipped the bike on top of her.

Oh and just for the record, I saw 120mph in 3rd gear this morning on the way to work. I looked down saw how fast I was going and had to shut it down in a hurry. If anyone is looking for the ultimate track rig.... Look no further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Just tell her no, say that when she has a bike for herself she will understand the whole don't let people ride your ride thing.
Werd. I know I need to hold my ground on this issue. She wont let it go though. ... Not letting her ride the bike may be the end of us....
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:33 PM   #17
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
She don't like riding?
Not right now. We're gonna wait for the cooler months and take another stab at it. If she still doesn't like it, it's getting sold.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:35 PM   #18
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

You should get a Ducati 1098. Then take her for a ride. When it scares her to death tell her to try out the 750. Don't mention you disconnected 2 cyliders and made your own G mode. Then you keep the 1098 and give her the 750/375.

Then she can tell everyone she got a "k8 Gixxer 7-5, yo"

Which a buddy of mine got an RC51 and later on his wife bought a new ZZR600 for her first bike. He use to race motorcycles and taught her how to ride. Anyways one day she asked if she could ride the RC51. He said once she rode it she wouldn't give it back to him.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:45 PM   #19
Becca_007
Street Stunter

Moto: 2003 Kawasaki Z1000

I'm trying to sell my 2005 Z750S again. Last year stepdad said he was just going to keep it but he has only put 50 miles on it. Now he is looking at cruisers again so the 750 needs to go.
Becca_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:21 PM   #20
itgirl
is in your head...

Moto: 04 kawasaki zx636, 08 HD xl1200n (nightster)

Quote:
poppycock!! fess up...it's because she's a woman, isn't it?

kim

www.facebook.com/itgirl25
itgirl is offline   Reply With Quote