Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-23-2013, 01:53 PM   #11
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Ghost View Post
The shooting that occured in Texas yesterday hasn't gotten any press today! NPR never said a word in the first 15 minutes of morning edition and I haven't heard anything anywhere else. I guess the body count wasn't high enough for national news and he must have used a revolver so it didn't fit what they needed for their politics! There's a little info on the web but, not a lot of details yet.
Um, CNN, CBS, ABC, Huffington, NY Daily, Fox......what more do you want? Nobody was killed anyway, so who cares.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:11 PM   #12
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twobanger View Post
Black on black violence doesn't promote the narrative, especially when no one is killed.

When more than fifty percent of all gun murders in the country are black on black, it's not going to be news worthy when it happens. As someone was robbed twice last year in Houston by thugs, as long as they keep killing each other, that's less around to rob me again.
You should move and/or carry more/bigger guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
When I originally heard the story, I just naturally assumed "cuz Texas" and it had to do with someone not taking kindly to someone else eyeballing something.
lol
Old 01-23-2013, 02:42 PM   #13
Turbo Ghost
Movie Star

Moto: KLR650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Um, CNN, CBS, ABC, Huffington, NY Daily, Fox......what more do you want? Nobody was killed anyway, so who cares.
When the shooting had just happened, there were reports on every network. I haven't seen one report or heard one word about it on any of the major networks on TV or radio. Every little thing in existence is on the net if you look for it.
If more people were involved or the death count was high or children were involved, I bet it would be all we heard for a week at least.
On the other hand, I suppose it's a good thing. The less this stuff is advertised, the less fuel for those wanting to take our guns.
Turbo Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:37 PM   #14
Twobanger
Canyon Carver

Work. Not allowed to carry there; not that I would even think about defending the company's stuff. We deliver <redacted> to our accounts. Each case of <redacted> is about 14" x 24", weighs about 12 pounds and is worth 1600.00. Each location gets six to twelve cases. They'd drive up to us, one guy would jump out with a gun and keep watch while two others would load up 6-8 cases into the car. The first time was caught on video. 9,600.00 in 38 seconds. It was epidemic for a while. One of our older guys got beat down, and another old guy got straight up kidnapped and driven across Houston where they took everything. The funny, sick, rediculous thing is that I have accounts in South Oak Cliff (Dallas) now, and the worst I get is hit up for "fifty cents". I don't blame what happened in Houston on Texans. That I'm sure was all Katrina filth.
Twobanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:29 PM   #15
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Read up a little on this and now I'm really confused.
Texas is supposed to be this big gun friendly state and everyone is supposed to be armed. I have been led to believe that Texas state law requires all English speaking Texans who denounce evolution be issued a standard issue handgun at age 6.

With every shooting in the news, gun enthusiasts (many from Texas) claim that if there were armed citizens present, any shooter would be quickly Call of Dutied by constitutionally libertied bear armorer..rererss.

If this is Texas....why weren't these two guys swiss cheesed by the surrounding students and faculty?

Is it simply one of those things where common courtesy allows 2 individuals to settle their disagreement with an old fashioned gunfight?

If it was just one shooter...he would quickly be spawned killed by the nearest NRA card carrier.
If it is obvious that shooter is engage with another shooter then everyone backs off?
("You folks let them be. They need to settle there difference properly")
Gun free zone. I guess the two dipshits shooting each other missed the signs or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twobanger View Post
I don't blame what happened in Houston on Texans. That I'm sure was all Katrina filth.
I lived in Houston for a few years long before Katrina, Houston homegrows its own special brand of filth.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:20 AM   #16
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

houston ranked #7 place in WORLD to visit

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...-to-go.html?hp

even i don't believe that,lol
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #17
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Of course it isn't on the news - it wouldn't push any specific agendas to do so.

*grumble*

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:47 AM   #18
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

I think there is a very specific formula that must be followed.
You guys have to remember that news is market driven.
If the new isn't marketable, it isn't going to get a good push.

One shooter, victim attractive blond women
Market score: 7
One Shooter, victim child
Market score: 10
One Shooter, victim black
Market score: 1
One Shooter, victim black child
Market score: 6
One white Shooter, victim black
One Shooter, victim multiple blacks
Market score: 1
One white Shooter, victim multiple blacks
One shooter, location = school
One shooter, location = mall
One shooter, location = outdoors
Market score: 3
One "mexican sounding last name" shooter, location = outdoors
Market score: 7

If its just two "brah's" shooting at each other and no one else is killed, its barely news worthy unless some sort hate crime label can be applied.
The fact that it happened on campus ups it marketability score but since it took place in Texas 2 point are automatically removed because its just assumed that's the way things work down there.
Theoretically, a shooting in Texas could end up with negative points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:10 AM   #19
CasterTroy

Old 01-24-2013, 11:20 AM   #20
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Genius