Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-07-2008, 01:04 PM   #21
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
I bought the Canon for my wife's b-day. Also got her a book about exposure and all that. Haven't dug into it yet.

Yea my SLR stays on "A" at all times! Well.....I did try a few things when I first got it and tried to read the bible that came with it but I've decided that "A" is good enough for me. If I can't get a good picture in "A" mode then FUCK IT!!!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 01:46 PM   #22
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

My girl went through the book and made little adjustments and all we do is just pic the mode (landscape, close-up, etc.) and shoot. Thing's amazing. Can't wait to get a zoom lense. Not anytime soon though. Things are like $600+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Magic Lantern? The magic lantern guides are the shit when it comes to getting your feet wet in pro photography.
I think the book was titled Understanding Exposure. Pretty sure that's it.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 02:02 PM   #23
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Grab her the magic lantern guide for her camera. It will teach her a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 02:16 PM   #24
Lamnidae
CMDLINE

Moto: 2008 Black/Grey Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
If I'm not mistaken 35mm equates to only 3 or 4 megs,
Ehhh.... yes and no.

it honestly comes down to what type of 35mm film you're using. Some lower ends, yeah... 3 or 4 can do it. in fact typically a good 3mp camera can produce a decent 4x6 print.... you need a lil' bit larger for an 8x10....

But for the higher end films.... like your Fuji or Reala expensive films, you're looking in the neighborhood of 20-22mp to match their quality....

BTW, gratz CEO! Now let's see some damn shots!!!!! Not sure if I'm bringing my lil' 350D to the rally or not, gotta put it in to get it cleaned so it might not make it out in time.
Lamnidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 02:33 PM   #25
pickle.of.doom
el diablo de verde

Moto: VTR, CBR, DRZSM

Quote:
I wonder if any have a feature that only takes a pic when you look your skinniest..... If they do that"s MY next camera!!!
Haha, are you a chick? Next he is going to be asking us if his ass looks fat in these pants

Nice Camera CEO. If an SLR wasn't going to be my next purchase, I would look at that one. I need some long zooms for getting shots of her getting out of the shower from the house across the street... err....uhhh... i mean for those tracks you have to shoot from far away at

WOS Forums
pickle.of.doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:51 PM   #26
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle.of.doom View Post
I need some long zooms for getting shots of her getting out of the shower from the house across the street... err....uhhh... i mean for those tracks you have to shoot from far away at
Thanks for the idea.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:19 AM   #27
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Damn, that many MP's...I expected a SLR. I'm sure it takes nice pics.
It does. I had a chance to snap a couple at lunch today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
SLR is the only way to go when you get that high in MPs. A will have her D40x to take a few snaps during the weekend morning runs with us.
Eventually I want an SLR as well. I want to have a nice full manual camera, and then this one which I will use every day since it's easy to carry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
so you plan on taking pictures of the inside of peoples pores or what?

thats a damn nice camera, im hoping i can pick something up before the trip, but i only need 6-7 mp, not freaking 13. I've already got my 3mp phone camera though, so who knows.
The other thing is that the extra megapixels can act as extra zoom. Basically I require my camera to be small enough to carry, and as such 3x is the zoom level that is available on most cameras. But this takes such frigging huge pictures, I can practically triple that zoom level just with image resolution

Also, it has a Zeiss lens. Awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
I just bought a Canon from Circuit City the other day but it's only 7.1 mp...must be nice to be a baller.

I had a $35 gift card that was given to me so with that applied to the sale price it was only $93 otd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
How much?
The thing lists for $349, I got the guy at Circuit City to give it to me for $300. Basically sony was able to fit the new 13.6MP chip (just came out) into their cybershot casing that they use with their 7 MP (and one other I think) camera... I think that's why the cost stayed down. This camera is a STEAL even at the MSRP IMHO.
Quote:
Yea my SLR stays on "A" at all times!
That's a waste of an SLR IMHO.

This camera has manual mode and for taking non-time-sensitive shots I will certainly take advantage of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amblyopic View Post
BTW, gratz CEO! Now let's see some damn shots!!!!! Not sure if I'm bringing my lil' 350D to the rally or not, gotta put it in to get it cleaned so it might not make it out in time.
Thanks dude! I was able to take a few quick pictures at lunch today and am very happy with this thing. It friggin rocks and has TONS of features. I love Sony, my family and I have always bought their electronics whenever they were an option.
Quote:
Nice Camera CEO. If an SLR wasn't going to be my next purchase, I would look at that one. I need some long zooms for getting shots of her getting out of the shower from the house across the street... err....uhhh... i mean for those tracks you have to shoot from far away at
Thanks. nice. Yeah basically I can zoom in 3x and then use the resolution to get an image of her getting out of the shower haha.

Here's a few from lunch. I bet I'll have more soon, I want to mess around with this thing a lot.

View from my office (Boston FTW!):

The little courtyard outside my office (mech eng building, on the right):

Flower under the tree above... very happy with the way this came out considering it was in the shade:

Also, the stabilization on this thing is REALLY fucking good. I've never used a camera that the image stabilizer worked so good on.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 01:15 AM   #28
GearGrabinGuy
Been Around the Block

Moto: '02 ZX6R w/ 110hp @ wheel

THem are some nice damn shots!! Im still rockin my old 4 megapixel.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:54 PM   #29
pickle.of.doom
el diablo de verde

Moto: VTR, CBR, DRZSM

Nice, shots look great.

WOS Forums
pickle.of.doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:10 PM   #30
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearGrabinGuy View Post
THem are some nice damn shots!! Im still rockin my old 4 megapixel.
Quote:
Nice, shots look great.
Thanks

Soon I intend to spend more time exploring the features and getting some shots besides just some half-assed ones on my lunch break.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote