Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-03-2009, 06:52 PM   #11
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Why even wear any gloves, when her elbows and shoulders are gonna get torn up.
Because her rings might scratch my tank!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:59 PM   #12
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedoll View Post
I shutter! Get the girl some gear!
Yea I ordered a Joe Rocket/Jordan jacket and some gloves from New Enough. They should be here by Fri. We also went shopping for some jeans that weren't so skin tight that she could wear them on the bike. I'm not going to try and force someone to wear leathers to ride with me since I don't wear leather pants myself. Besides, you should see that ass in a nice pair of Lucky's or True Religion jeans...
Old 06-03-2009, 07:02 PM   #13
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
and here come the gear nazis...

Bottom line for me will always be that it's her body, so it's her decision what she wears or doesn't wear. I put the little incentive for jeans... but in case you two don't know this... jeans are what most riders wear to ride. Um... where in the fuck have you been? Since when are jeans not "good" enough to go riding in? Do you two REALLY make your passengers where full leather suits to ride? GTFO! Shit, I wear jeans to ride, as do everyone else I ride with. Hell, I can't remember the last time someone showed up in full leathers to go on a normal ride...
Can't say that your argument isn't valid. I wear jeans for 99% of my riding, the only time I really gear up in leathers is when I know the riding is going to be more than just a fun ride around the area.

Quote:
I knew that there would be some that would take this opportunity to get in a few "licks" and that's cool. I certainly don't mind an argument now and again. To be honest, I'm doing good with her because if it were up to her, she's wear a bikini and flip flops to ride. Shit, we went to the beach on Memorial Day and that's exactly what she came down the stairs wearing... I made her put on some shorts, a shirt and some shoes at least.
Where are the pictures.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:06 PM   #14
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

I like how the helmet matches the shorts

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:11 PM   #15
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Jeans are fine, but at least make her wear a mesh jacket. You can get decent ones for only $100-150 if you look around, and when you're at speed it feels no hotter than wearing a t-shirt.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:24 PM   #16
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
but in case you two don't know this... jeans are what most riders wear to ride. Um... where in the fuck have you been?
I take a lot of pleasure in not being like most people.

And yes, I make my passengers wear overpants a jacket, gloves and boots. On my first date with my wife I showed up on my bike loaded up with all her gear for the night. It takes all of 30 seconds to throw on some overpants and zip up. Leathers are not the only, or most convenient, choice out there.

Hey Rogue, were you wearing gear when we totaled my V-Strom? lol
________
RARE DISORDERS FORUMS

Last edited by Kaneman; 05-09-2011 at 07:49 PM..
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:28 PM   #17
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

I wear jeans whenever I ride. They're kevlar lined, but they're jeans. Like he says, something is better than nothing. I'd make her wear pants and sleeves though. Not for a crash, but to make sure a rock hitting her bare skin won't make her jerk and dump the bike.

Oh and Tigger? Nicely done. I didn't doubt you or anything when you told me but still, awesome.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:31 PM   #18
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

You could advise her of one of my favorite Azoomm quotes (and ~M, forgive me if I misremember the anecdote).
When seen gearing up to ride downtown by a know-nothing fellow, she was asked "Aren't you hot in all that?"
Her reply:

"I was hot before... I want to stay that way."
Old 06-03-2009, 07:37 PM   #19
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Can't say that your argument isn't valid. I wear jeans for 99% of my riding, the only time I really gear up in leathers is when I know the riding is going to be more than just a fun ride around the area.

Where are the pictures.
Yea where do these guys find these chicks that wear full suits to go on a ride to the ice cream parlor? Yeesh...

On the beach...

A couple random pics

Those are neck breaking legs there boys!

I love this picture because she had fallen asleep on the couch and I woke her up by smaking her on the forehead with Ricardo! She's a good sport for sure!
Old 06-03-2009, 07:40 PM   #20
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Jeans are fine, but at least make her wear a mesh jacket. You can get decent ones for only $100-150 if you look around, and when you're at speed it feels no hotter than wearing a t-shirt.
Dude I've mentioned that I ordered her a Joe Rocket jacket AND there's an entire thread about it in the gear section...