Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-03-2009, 07:43 PM   #21
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Fuckin a dude. When I'm old I want to be just like you.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:44 PM   #22
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
I take a lot of pleasure in not being like most people.

And yes, I make my passengers wear overpants a jacket, gloves and boots. On my first date with my wife I showed up on my bike loaded up with all her gear for the night. It takes all of 30 seconds to throw on some overpants and zip up. Leathers are not the only, or most convenient, choice out there.

Hey Rogue, were you wearing gear when we totaled my V-Strom? lol
Maybe but she didn't wear any lower gear at the Gap that I saw... Oh and I've seen ballistic nylon jackets and pants fall apart on first contact with the pavement. If I have to choose between taking it easy without gear or tearing it up with a false sense of security from wearing "overpants", I'll take choice number one. Nothing short of armor protects you from impact. I'd rather have a 30 mph slide in jeans over a 100+ mph slide in nylon.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:47 PM   #23
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
You could advise her of one of my favorite Azoomm quotes (and ~M, forgive me if I misremember the anecdote).
When seen gearing up to ride downtown by a know-nothing fellow, she was asked "Aren't you hot in all that?"
Her reply:

"I was hot before... I want to stay that way."

Hey that's Azoom's choice, this is her choice. Both of these women are adults and I don't presume to make decisions for adults. Period.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:50 PM   #24
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Maybe but she didn't wear any lower gear at the Gap that I saw... Oh and I've seen ballistic nylon jackets and pants fall apart on first contact with the pavement. If I have to choose between taking it easy without gear or tearing it up with a false sense of security from wearing "overpants", I'll take choice number one. Nothing short of armor protects you from impact. I'd rather have a 30 mph slide in jeans over a 100+ mph slide in nylon.
She wasn't on the back of my bike at the gap either.

I've been down many times (7) on the track and otherwise in ballistics without any failure or road rash. I've actually crashed twice in my Olympia pants and they saved me both times. I went down once wearing jeans, doing about 15mph on rollerblades, and they disintegrated.

Road rash sucks bad. I'd say that somewhat minor rash that I posted was more painful than my broken ankle or wrist.

Quote:
Hey that's Azoom's choice, this is her choice. Both of these women are adults and I don't presume to make decisions for adults. Period.
My bad dude, I take all that stuff back. I mistook you for a guy that keeps his women folk in check.

________
HEMP MARIJUANA

Last edited by Kaneman; 05-09-2011 at 07:49 PM..
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:51 PM   #25
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
Fuckin a dude. When I'm old I want to be just like you.
What ugly, malformed and an asshole?!?

Nah thanks, she's "cute" and A LOT OF FUN!
Old 06-03-2009, 07:51 PM   #26
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Nice pics. Needs moar pewper.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:07 PM   #27
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
She wasn't on the back of my bike at the gap either.

I've been down many times (7) on the track and otherwise in ballistics without any failure or road rash. I've actually crashed twice in my Olympia pants and they saved me both times. I went down once wearing jeans, doing about 15mph on rollerblades, and they disintegrated.

Road rash sucks bad. I'd say that somewhat minor rash that I posted was more painful than my broken ankle or wrist.

My bad dude, I take all that stuff back. I mistook you for a guy that keeps his women folk in check.

You wear ballistic nylon at the track? Really? Okay...

As I've said I've had my fair share plus of road rash. I've had the big, burly, bull-dike nurse rub the iodine filled scrub brush over about 10-20% of my body from a crash at over 100 mph wearing a t-shirt and jeans. I must wear better jeans than you because only my knees were rashed up. My back, arms, shoulders, etc were another story... I had to put that silver cream crap on for weeks!

I've had "robo-girlfriends" before and I find that I'd rather have a woman that makes decisions for herself. I could easily brow beat this girl into doing anything I want for the most part but I prefer to allow her to make decisions on her own. This girl knows the risks and she's no stranger to pain. She's played sports her entire life and is covered in scars. She originally was going to college on a basketball scholarship and was on the volleyball team until her shoulder was torn out during a game... This is no delicate flower here.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:09 PM   #28
cbrchick
Canyon Carver

Moto: Honda CBR 600, Yamaha Zuma 50, Suzuki SV1000

Good that she's finally getting her own gear.

Call me a bitch, but if I saw her like that on the back of your bike, I'd think you're an asshole that didn't care about her well being and she's an idiot without a clue. I wouldn't allow anyone to ride with me dressed like that.

Gloves, full face, jacket, boots, jeans... all minimal gear worn when we rode as a group. Many were in leathers. It was an understanding among friends - accidents happen and we wanted to minimize negative results.

She's a cute girl. It would be a shame for her to loose an appendage due to infection secondary to road rash.

It happens.

Convince her she's cuter with a sweaty bikini under the protective gear. When you're already wet, all ya' gotta do is ride...
cbrchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:13 PM   #29
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
You wear ballistic nylon at the track? Really? Okay...

As I've said I've had my fair share plus of road rash. I've had the big, burly, bull-dike nurse rub the iodine filled scrub brush over about 10-20% of my body from a crash at over 100 mph wearing a t-shirt and jeans. I must wear better jeans than you because only my knees were rashed up. My back, arms, shoulders, etc were another story... I had to put that silver cream crap on for weeks!

I've had "robo-girlfriends" before and I find that I'd rather have a woman that makes decisions for herself. I could easily brow beat this girl into doing anything I want for the most part but I prefer to allow her to make decisions on her own. This girl knows the risks and she's no stranger to pain. She's played sports her entire life and is covered in scars. She originally was going to college on a basketball scholarship and was on the volleyball team until her shoulder was torn out during a game... This is no delicate flower here.
Fuck that. When I tell my woman to bake me a pie I expect it to be so...

________
Ipad guide

Last edited by Kaneman; 05-09-2011 at 07:49 PM..
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:26 PM   #30
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrchick View Post
Good that she's finally getting her own gear.

Call me a bitch, but if I saw her like that on the back of your bike, I'd think you're an asshole that didn't care about her well being and she's an idiot without a clue. I wouldn't allow anyone to ride with me dressed like that.

Gloves, full face, jacket, boots, jeans... all minimal gear worn when we rode as a group. Many were in leathers. It was an understanding among friends - accidents happen and we wanted to minimize negative results.

She's a cute girl. It would be a shame for her to loose an appendage due to infection secondary to road rash.

It happens.

Convince her she's cuter with a sweaty bikini under the protective gear. When you're already wet, all ya' gotta do is ride...

Yea I know that accidents happen, please read previous posts...

These guys are down on me for allowing her to wear jeans on a ride, apparently that's not good enough.

I always "encourage" people to wear at least as much gear as I do, jeans, jacket, boots, helmet, and gloves. I don't wear leather pants to ride normally and I don't know too many that do personally. I know lots of people on the internet that swear they NEVER ride other than in a full leather racing suit. I guess that's where all of these 10 year old bikes with 6,000 miles on them come from. What I don't do is try and force people to do things that they don't want to do. Especially if it doesn't directly affect me. I know where a lot of you stand on this subject. To me it's the same as smoking... if someone REALLY cared about you they'd "force" you to stop right?

The other thing that always cracks me up on forums is that a lot of the gear nazis are also liberals... so they think that a woman should be allowed to make the decision to murder the child inside her but someone should force her to wear full gear to ride on a motorcycle... oh...okay.