Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 08-23-2011, 08:27 AM   #11
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
I don't understand...if your vehicle is still in warranty, then your suspension components should be covered and will be covered. But...if it's older than 3 years, it's out of warranty and you need to pay for the repairs.

This whole notion that the government has to constantly get involved with shit is insane. Listen, if GM treats the customer like shit, then the customer is not going to buy anymore GM products. Simple as that. If GM is OK with this, then they aren't going to be around much longer.

Most OEMs in other countries don't even offer warranties...

No its way more complicated than that. going back to the 70s when japanese started to invade with their cars the whole buy american campaign started and people started to buy american just because. Then american companies realized that they can make half assed products and still sell great because we were trying to buy american. Same thing with the big 3, people keep buying from them because they are american car companies and the fact that they sell an inferior product (warranty quality, looks, lifespan etc....) has no impact on their car purchase.

I'm guilty of it too. A decade ago I bought two brand new american cars (both ford focus), and they both lasted for under 10 years and just about 100,000 miles before they had major problems. Meanwhile the japanese cars I've owned have all been going strong when I got rid of them at 200k plus. After my american truck finally leaves my fleet I don't think i'm ever going to buy american again, there is just too much little stuff wrong with my truck for me to ever consider buying from any american company again.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:38 AM   #12
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Gee Derf... GM treating their customers like shit... no way! I don't know anybody who's been thru that. LOL

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:47 PM   #13
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

still waiting for my profit sharing check now that they are turning a profit - it was our tax money to bail them out, no? where the fuck is my check!??!?!?

and i had a fucking volt scream by me on the freeway the other day.. i was like really a volt? saving the environment and hauling ass.. if he was getting road head it would be a triple win..

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:52 PM   #14
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
That was Old GM.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:16 PM   #15
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujimoh View Post
Uummhhh, isn't this why GM had to be bailed out to begin with?
No...GM's volume was quite high, but they mismanaged the revenue.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:27 PM   #16
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
No its way more complicated than that. going back to the 70s when japanese started to invade with their cars the whole buy american campaign started and people started to buy american just because. Then american companies realized that they can make half assed products and still sell great because we were trying to buy american. Same thing with the big 3, people keep buying from them because they are american car companies and the fact that they sell an inferior product (warranty quality, looks, lifespan etc....) has no impact on their car purchase.....
The car companies in the country are the dump buckets for anything that has to do with U.S. build quality...because there is so much foreign competition and there is so much emotion tied to automobiles. Yet...you never hear how cheap a Dell computer is in comparison to a Toshiba, do you? GM is typical America..and typical of an American company. Did you ever look at the American military in comparison? The waste, the ineptness, the lack of direction and you think GM is bad? GM is simply a mirror or what this country is...and most of it is on the internet during work hours instead of working.

Look at you what YOU do and YOUR company and now compare it to GM. I can bet GM fairs pretty well. It's too bad we can't outsource our military to Japan. I'm sure we would get a more quality product. Agree? Think about it now apply it to other American industries.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote