Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2013, 07:34 PM   #1
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes
Default What Would You Do, Part Two

On Tuesday, I witnessed a man assault a female letter carrier at three in the afternoon. I couldn't believe my eyes. I drove beside her and asked "Did he just assault you?" "Yes" she said. I saw the perp walk into a 7-11 type store. I parked my Jeep outside the door and walked in.

I told the clerk to call 911 because this guy had assaulted a woman. I blocked the exit so he could not leave. He tried to push me aside. "Don't touch me" I said. When I wouldn't budge, he put up his dukes. We had a ten second fistfight and then he tackled me.

We flew out the door, but I did not want to land on my back. So I twisted and landed on my right elbow. Ouch. We both stood up and I threw him on the ground. When I bent down to pick him up, he kicked me in the face. Double ouch.

Blood was pouring off me. I picked him up again and threw him against my front tire. I then pulled his jacket over his head so he couldn't see. This also locked his arms so he could not hit me. I now could have done anything to him.

My Jeep has a steel I-beam as a bumper. His wrapped head was just two inches from the end. If I thrust his head twice against it, his brains would have been pouring out of his ears. But I didn't do it. Actually, I didn't know what to do.

I work every week with heavy weights, so I was stronger than the perp. But I hadn't been in a fight since I was in the Army, forty years ago. I didn't know how to end the fight.

At this time, the store clerk came out and said "Don't hurt him, he's an old man." He was talking about me. Of course, I was the one who had blood streaming down their face. Oh, did you know that redheads don't go gray? We go right to white, which makes us look pretty old. So the clerk helps me up and the perp runs away. An ambulance shows up and then the police. The medic takes my blood pressure which is over 200. I give a description to the police and they apprehend the perp.

Long story, short, I got a cat-scan (normal) and an X-ray (broken thumb). The perp was 37 (I'm 62) and schizophrenic. The mail carrier was fine (she delivers my mail). and the detective said that the perp will probably plea-bargain. I can't ride because of my thumb, and I'm waiting for the hospital bills to come in (I have no insurance).
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote