Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 05-29-2010, 03:19 PM   #1
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
That's it homeslice. The hhr ss will get abt the same mpg as her mkz did. However, the fiesta will get more than double what the tbss does. From 15 to mid 30's. Fiesta is ranged 30city/40hwy.

Plus with lower sticker prices and good interest rates on the loans for 72 month. Between the 2 new cars (purchase) vs the 2 leases. Will save abt $150. Month in payments. Insurance goes up abt $18 a month once the complete switch over is done. $16 of it with the mkz to hhrss switch. $2 up from tbss to fiesta.

So call it $130 a month savings in payment. But mpg shud rack in another $100 a month in gas. At least! Shit the saving alone will nearly make my bike payment.

I'm glad I upheld ur faith. That was the trend I was doin. But I have changed my pov. There is no reason for us to have bigger cars.

And yes its lowering gas man's gas bill. Not exactly perfect for my job but I need to survive and adapt. I'm also switching over to all syn oils in all my vechicles. Which also lowers crude oil consumtion. Little steps towards a bigger goal.
Wait, why did the insurance go up? Seems like it would have gone down.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:21 PM   #2
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

we have an HHR (not the SS) it is an '07 and has 120,000 miles on it. Been a great car so far. no break downs and even lasted through a 16-17 year old driver for a bit.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:24 PM   #3
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
we have an HHR (not the SS) it is an '07 and has 120,000 miles on it. Been a great car so far. no break downs and even lasted through a 16-17 year old driver for a bit.
That's what I'm saying. Peeps that own em love em.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:32 PM   #4
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
That don't mean shit. People who drive their Prius love them too.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:03 PM   #5
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Blacked out emblems and short throw shifter = good !!
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 01:37 AM   #6
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
So that HHR SS is working for ya?
I might be replacing my truck soon and that's one of my options.
I'm not crazy about front-wheel drive, but there aren't a lot of RWD options in my price range that meet my requirements.
(not a truck, pref not a SUV, enough interior space to accommodate the dog, rifle cases, etc)

How manageable is the torque steer?
Old 06-17-2010, 07:34 AM   #7
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Well first off good luck finding one. This is the last year for the SS. They stopped taking orders on them in May. So you'll have to find a dealer stocked one.

I love it. I, suprisingly so, love the compact size. It's great in traffic. Regardless of gear (5 speed stick) vs speed, if you give it the beans, the turbo kicks in and it takes off.

The interior size is just perfect really. Bigger than a compact car, smaller than the Equinox SUV, big enough for dogs, seats 4 adults resonably. Getting about 20-21 city (stickered at 22) as long as I'm not railing on it... otherwise it drops to about 18. Haven't done any real highway time with it. I think while I love the stick it probably negatively effects my mpg in the city. You tend to wrap the tach more...

I really liked the price. Sticker around $25k. I got like $4k in rebates, incentives, and retireree discoung as well as another $850 off in employee discount (x plan style). Have lots of family on wife's side that worked for GM.

I spoke about how some like it, some love it. Rider mentioned so do Prious lovers. That's totally different. Many people don't like the styling of the HHR. It has a retro, big fendered, 1930-1940s look to it. My MIL calls it my old school gangster car. She says when she sees it she remembers all the old gangster movies with the big fendered cars. I can see that. But it's the reliability and utility of the car that makes the owners love em. I don't know many other SUV style vechicles that can (normal hhr) do 30+ mpg.

Now on the mod front... since I did the LED's in the front the ECM put my blinkers in hyper flash... very annoying. The car has a ECM based, internal programmed flasher aka nothing I can just change out. So I ordered a resister from superbrightleds.com and installed that inline on each front blinker. Fixed, back off the homo hyper flash.

Had to install a smaller one on the dome light as well. Stray 6 volts on that circuit when they are "off" was keeping the LED dome lights just so slightly on, very dim. That fixed it and ate the stray volts.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:20 PM   #8
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
How the heck do you put on 120k miles in 3 years!?!
Old 06-14-2010, 06:58 PM   #9
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
How the heck do you put on 120k miles in 3 years!?!
By driving 40K miles a year for 3 years?

Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:08 PM   #10
Cass
Cassolicious!

Moto: SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
By driving 40K miles a year for 3 years?

That's a fackload of driving!