Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 08-16-2009, 12:34 PM   #61
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
it's funny you say that cause I was thinking the other day... WTF happened to Warrick Dunn? no mind you I don't watch pro football but there was a time where I'd hear about him a lot (first couple years out of FSU)

Yeah I know what you mean... I'm beginning to hate ESPN and what they're doing to sports. they're doing to it what MTV did to Music. bringing in the wrong crowd, the wrong attention, focusing on everything BUT The music... or in this case, the Sport itself.
True statement if I ever have seen one. Through my affiliations with professional sports and athletes I know for a fact that the media seems to focus only on the negative stories and figures. There's so much good that occurs in the local communities around those teams but you rarely see mention of it or the athletes who are model citizens.
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:47 PM   #62
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:

Yeah I know what you mean... I'm beginning to hate ESPN and what they're doing to sports. they're doing to it what MTV did to Music. bringing in the wrong crowd, the wrong attention, focusing on everything BUT The music... or in this case, the Sport itself.
Haha. I don't really watch sports but mainly the reason was the announcer people. Take a break and they get yakking and yakking about how things will turn out and how they would have done it. Then als of the special effects and flashy shit htey have in the backround just distracts.

Then they put those dumb blonde bimbos who a year earlier before taking a job probably couldn't name one athlete despite they probably fucked one at some point in time.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:41 PM   #63
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
true... and I wouldn't want any of them either.

where are the Jerry Rices... or Emit Smiths... Berry Sanders... the Joe Montana's

seems like letting your play do the talking and be an upstanding roll model for today's youth is a forgotten art.
No kidding.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote