Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 08-14-2009, 01:08 AM   #11
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
I agree, but listening to the radio today , 101.5 a local call in station was already talking about wearing anti Vick shirts and booing him when he walks on the field.

There all a bunch of Fucking idiots.

Your on drugs if you think having him on your team is a bad thing...Felony aside the man is a TREMENDOUS Athlete.

Im happy as fuck they signed him...I hope they DONT use him as a Backup QB and utilize him as a Tight end or Receiver...He is a weapon...one we need.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:18 AM   #12
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tached1000rr View Post
Overrated??? Yeah ok.... Ask any NFL defender who played against him if he was overrated....
He was overrated because over his career he never developed in to an effective passer (he got worse), the media kept the reputation from his youth alive, and he would make the highlight reel with at least one play a week.

While the 1,000 yards of rushing in 2006 was impressive his actual passing hasn't been good at all. His passer rating was only above 80 for one year and that was in 2002. That was also the only year he threw for more than 2,500 yards. His stats and record declined over time. In 05 he was 8 and 8 while loosing the last 3 games and in 06 he was 7 and 9 while again loosing the last 3 games. He played well for a young quarterback early in his career and generally declined from that point.

Even ignoring all that do you think his skills have improved or declined after not taking a snap for the last 2 years?
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:24 AM   #13
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

I think his skills are where they are at when he left...He didnt sit on his ass for two years he most likely worked out everyday he was locked up...He wanted to come back IMMEDIATLY and from what I see on tv he looks as good as when he left if not in better shape.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:28 AM   #14
TommyHotWheel
Imported from Detroit

Moto: 2001 Suzuki TL1000R

I was waiting to see him throw a few balls and if he was proficient. I thought for sure he would be a Lion, they could have used a playmaker at QB.

Cry Havok! And let slip the hogs of war!
TommyHotWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:31 AM   #15
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb View Post
this is going to be nothing but a distraction for the Eagles...which for me as a Giants fan is ok in my book
I agree on both points.

Vick is a great athelte, but a terrible quarterback.
He is a ball hog when he is in the drivers seat, because, as was said before he can't throw as good as some of the Joes on Pros vs Joes.
He is fast, and agile, and a good runner.
I think he would do well as a Tight end, running back, or a Free safety.
Philly will put him in as a backup QB, and then they will lose(to the Giants twice) and not even make the playoffs.
Philly only has Westrbook, and one player does not make a team.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:08 AM   #16
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
I think his skills are where they are at when he left...He didnt sit on his ass for two years he most likely worked out everyday he was locked up...He wanted to come back IMMEDIATLY and from what I see on tv he looks as good as when he left if not in better shape.
But is he in football shape? being away from the game for 2 years will def take a toll on him. I think he will be a huge distraction but Reid is smart enough to realy utilize him.

He will never be a TE that would imply he may have to block someone, and as a former DE/OLB I would love to have him try and block me.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:28 AM   #17
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Im glad for him. He did his time, now let the man play ball.
Agreed. People do less jail time for KILLING PEOPLE than Vick did.

I don't see it on here...but a ton of Eagles fans are bitching and complaining. Are you kidding me? When McNabb goes down mid-season and Vickers comes in and carries this team into the playoffs these fags will be signing a different tune. You heard it here first.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:38 AM   #18
Rider
Moto GP Star

I agree with some of the above statements. Let the guy play, he's a piece of shit but he paid his dues.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:39 AM   #19
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

I was hoping the Raiders would pick him up. He's their kind of player. Seriously.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:39 AM   #20
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I was hoping the Raiders would pick him up. He's their kind of player. Seriously.
No doubt.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote