Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 02-27-2010, 08:35 PM   #31
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Personally my opinion on it is these guys are trained to play "fall." It's easier to win if you get your opponent DQed. This is why this sport annoys me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:53 PM   #32
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Personally my opinion on it is these guys are trained to play "fall." It's easier to win if you get your opponent DQed. This is why this sport annoys me.
We agree that we disagree.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:06 PM   #33
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
We agree that we disagree.
I am not talking just about this race, there was lots of this going on where a barely touch sent a guy flying across the ice.

Basically, it's just like any sport, if you are not cheating, you are not trying hard enough.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 02-27-2010, 09:09 PM   #34
Apoc

Quote:
Basically, it's just like any sport, if you are not cheating, you are not trying hard enough.
My favourite saying!

Old 02-27-2010, 09:45 PM   #35
Apoc

I was just looking at the rules.

I agree with a lot of what you say. But, the rules do favor both the leader, and those on the inside.

Once on the inside, someone within your armlength to your side, is within your personal racing space, meaning you are basicly alotted room for body movement. The people behind and on the outside need to get ahead and move into the inside lane, without interfering with your racing.

The whole rulebook lends itself to all kinds of cheating.

Countries also block for eachother. Two racers of the same country on the line, one gets behind because he;s slower, so he basicly tries his best to get in the away of those trying to overtake him. The lead guy runs away with it, and cant be penalized because he did nothing wrong, earning big world cup points, while his teamate steals even more from the other racer in the form of holding them back/causing dnf's.

Of course, like you said, cheating and corruption in sport are nothing new. I dont know why they dont run em as singles though, take the best times. Seems to make the most sense.

Last edited by Apoc; 02-27-2010 at 09:47 PM..
Old 02-27-2010, 09:50 PM   #36
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Yeah, that's why this sport pisses me off. It has the potential to be crazy awesome, but all the gay rules ruin it.

It's awesome to see Canada and USA raking up on medals and shut those stupid Euros up. Can yall pass Germany? That would be awesome. Probably not enough sports left.
Quote:
Old 02-27-2010, 09:54 PM   #37
Apoc

The rules that makes the sport corrupt, as stated int he rulebook:

Passing

In short track racing a skater that is on the inside of the track must be passed on the right, unless they have left enough space on their left side for a skater to pass safely. It is the responsibility of the skater that is passing to keep from running into the skater they are passing.

and:

When overtaking, the responsibility for any obstruction or collision shall be upon the skater overtaking, provided that the skater being overtaken does not act improperly.

Old 02-27-2010, 09:56 PM   #38
Apoc

Quote:
Yeah, that's why this sport pisses me off. It has the potential to be crazy awesome, but all the gay rules ruin it.

It's awesome to see Canada and USA raking up on medals and shut those stupid Euros up. Can yall pass Germany? That would be awesome. Probably not enough sports left.
Not a chance, but we beat germany's records for gold medals, that should piss em off enough.

One more, we'll hold the all time record.

Old 02-27-2010, 10:01 PM   #39
Apoc

And, I must say, im extremely proud to see what our little country of 30 million did in the medal standings.

Of course were not third world, but we still still have a small talent pool, compared to countries with 500 million+. A lot of great athletes were produced over the last 8 years in this country.

And we beat Russia's ass in the standings too!

Old 02-27-2010, 10:10 PM   #40
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
And, I must say, im extremely proud to see what our little country of 30 million did in the medal standings.

Of course were not third world, but we still still have a small talent pool, compared to countries with 500 million+. A lot of great athletes were produced over the last 8 years in this country.

And we beat Russia's ass in the standings too!
I am surprised how well we did, I don't think we were predicted to do as well as we did.

I think they do need to shorten the olympics up and reduce the events. I mean seriously do we need 2 billion distances for running and skating. God, don't get me started on swimming and the billion medals they have.
Quote: