Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 04-13-2011, 01:21 PM   #1
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09
Default took the truck in for a flowmaster

Had my better half take the dually in to have a flowmaster cat back system put on. 50 series muffler. old system didn't sound bad but the hangers were rusted off and it was getting a little loose.
imagine my surprise when i get home to check it out and see the pipe they put on between the cat and the muffler was older and in worse condition then the pipe they took off. they also told her it would cost extra for the extra pipe.
called the owner this morning and he was "surprised" when can I bring it back in to let them fix that? I love making two trips to get a job done. guess the wrench monkey figured I wouldn't look under there and see the crap he installed.
why don't we trust garages again? I would have installed it myself but the cost is so close and then I don't have to lay on the ground and do it. yeah, live and learn I guess.

oh by the way flowmaster 50 sucks for sound. it has less sound then my stock F150. That part was my fault though I asked for that muffler. Have to live with that for awhile. I'm hoping it will get a little more sound to it as it ages. I don't want loud but a little attitude would be good.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:26 PM   #2
tommymac
Moto GP Star

You sound a lot calmer than I would be. Sometimes they see a woman and figure this is easy money, they dont know the difference anyway. I am fortunate in that I have a good shop back by my dads house. its a PITA getting my car back there and getting home. But i know the work will be done right and at a fair price, dont want to take chances finding a new shop.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:28 PM   #3
Bluestreak
What?

Moto: Dirt

I always like the 50 series. The 40 series is just plain old LOUD!

How's it sound at 4k rpm's?
Old 04-13-2011, 02:04 PM   #4
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Wildchild is a woman?

I will use better manners next time I respond to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:05 PM   #5
wildchild
cruiser

well the funny part is this guy comes highly recommended. I think it was just one of his guys was too damn lazy to do it right.

not sure of the sound at 4000 I didn't even drive it. came home started it, reved it a little and then looked underneath. that was it for me. I'll take it out tonight for a spin and see what I think at speed. she did say she liked it so maybe it will sound much better under power.
I do agree either way the 40 was way too loud for what I wanted. this is pulling my camper so I don't want to be on a long trip listening to a 40 series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Wildchild is a woman?

I will use better manners next time I respond to her.
no but my "better half" who took the truck in is. LOL
Old 04-13-2011, 02:08 PM   #6
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post

no but my "better half" who took the truck in is. LOL

damnit...I skimmed... ;
Asshole cork soaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:10 PM   #7
wildchild
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
damnit...I skimmed... ;
Asshole cork soaker
ah that's better no better manners.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:46 PM   #8
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
You sound a lot calmer than I would be. Sometimes they see a woman and figure this is easy money, they dont know the difference anyway. I am fortunate in that I have a good shop back by my dads house. its a PITA getting my car back there and getting home. But i know the work will be done right and at a fair price, dont want to take chances finding a new shop.
Yeah...

My husband left the cats that were taken off our truck. I stopped back in to get them - we have an extended warranty on it, if something explodes I'll need them to go back on so FORD can't say that was the reason something exploded. knowwhatImean?

The little boy at the counter told me they didn't take anything off my truck. Um, right - to do a delete on an F350 they didn't actually delete anything. Unfortunately I had to go back another day for that too...

Bummer about the sound loss. How did you choose the one you got?

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:28 PM   #9
wildchild
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Yeah...

My husband left the cats that were taken off our truck. I stopped back in to get them - we have an extended warranty on it, if something explodes I'll need them to go back on so FORD can't say that was the reason something exploded. knowwhatImean?

The little boy at the counter told me they didn't take anything off my truck. Um, right - to do a delete on an F350 they didn't actually delete anything. Unfortunately I had to go back another day for that too...

Bummer about the sound loss. How did you choose the one you got?
reading different reviews about the 50 series. some said too quiet, some said too loud, some said just right. I figured it must be a good middle of the road type loudness. so far I'm thinking too quiet.

I've never heard one in person. The 40 I have heard a lot, love the sound but not on a truck for traveling.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:38 PM   #10
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Gotcha. I now don't trust people's reviews online. I want to hear it for myself first.

Ours sounds like a jet engine. The motor is SO quiet. I mean, quiet enough that a guy ran up to me at a fuel pump to yell at me about putting the wrong fuel in it

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote