Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 03-23-2008, 01:51 AM   #21
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

You don't need it...

... but a 520 should be fine as long as you maintain it well... which goes for all chains. I imagine as the lifetime of the chain goes on, you would want to keep a closer eye on roller wear and how much you have to adjust it for slack (i.e. to tell you how much it's been stretching...)

As far as materials, steel. Or the ti someone posted looked nice, but very expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
yeah I stayed away because I saw gas mans... and I figured that being a racer he probably swapped out sprockets much quicker than I would on the street...
Gas Man raced?
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 01:55 AM   #22
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
You don't need it...

... but a 520 should be fine as long as you maintain it well... which goes for all chains. I imagine as the lifetime of the chain goes on, you would want to keep a closer eye on roller wear and how much you have to adjust it for slack (i.e. to tell you how much it's been stretching...)

As far as materials, steel. Or the ti someone posted looked nice, but very expensive.

Gas Man raced?
no... I was talking about my MSF coach... I saw gasman's sprocket, and then thought about my MSF coach and thought that maybe because he raced he swapped out sprockets after every couple races to ensure no failure would happen...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:06 AM   #23
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
no... I was talking about my MSF coach... I saw gasman's sprocket, and then thought about my MSF coach and thought that maybe because he raced he swapped out sprockets after every couple races to ensure no failure would happen...
Oh ok I gotcha. If he was a racer, he more likely swapped out sprockets to tune his gearing to specific tracks... i.e. to make his shift points at better physical locations on the track.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote