Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 11-30-2009, 07:25 PM   #1
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS
Default First Gear Thermolite Gloves

I picked up a new pair of winter gloves on saturday for the dual sport ride we had. I got a pair of first gear gloves from Tellico Outfitters because on the early morning ride out for the meet up, I was literally almost crying my fingers were hurting so bad from the cold. It was in the middle 20s and I was wearing a very thick pair of moto gloves and silk liners on the DRZ and they were completely ineffective. As soon as we got to Tellico Outfitters, I walked in and asked for the best pair of gloves they had for winter riding and this is what they pointed me too. While pricey, I was willing to take a chance because Tellico has a good return policy even after wearing them. I was not disappointed. I tried without the silk liners I had on previously to give them a good test and I began to notice other parts of my body were far colder than my hands. These gloves got really warm as the day heated up and then too hot as it reached into the 50s. These are great winter gloves and I highly recommend them for people who are willing to spend the money.

They are very thin and feel much more natural than a lot of bulky winter loves. Only weird thing is they have this weird palm protection. While it feels awkward off the bike, they support your hands on the bars and actually help with vibration. On the DRZ, my hands usually go numb quickly, but these gloves helped that out a lot.

Here's a pic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:24 PM   #2
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

those are the same gloves I ordered last week... they'll be here tomorrow I believe.

I've heard nothing but great things about firstgear.

they're the Tundra's.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:27 PM   #3
Trip
Hold mah beer!

LOL, they work great. With silk liners they would be able to handle more than I want to test them out in. 30s were easily rideable. With my rallye pro suit I was able to ride all day and got wind burn before I was uncomfortable.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 11-30-2009, 10:05 PM   #4
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

well I've got the gauntlets too... I'm sure I'll be good for what I'll be seeing....

I've got no worries now... thanks
Old 12-01-2009, 08:06 AM   #5
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

I went out this weekend and my hands were beyond freezing. It was about 45* here, not even that cold. But I know I'm not gonna ride in any thing colder so I can't justify spending the scrilla.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:00 AM   #6
CasterTroy

I've heard those are great!

I had to go heated.....it's the only thing that ever gets cold on me (fingers) so I had to get Gerbings gloves.

On the BMW it's overkill with heated grips, but on the motard where there's no wind protection at all it's wonderful.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:55 AM   #7
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

I'm in the market for a pair of winter gloves my hands were frozen wearing 2 pairs of normal gloves this a.m. on the way to work in 30 degree temps and it's 31 miles from my driveway to the parking lot at work. What do those gloves cost typically? Might order a pair tonight.
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:56 AM   #8
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
I've heard those are great!

I had to go heated.....it's the only thing that ever gets cold on me (fingers) so I had to get Gerbings gloves.

On the BMW it's overkill with heated grips, but on the motard where there's no wind protection at all it's wonderful.
I wanted heated, but Tellico Outfitters didn't sell any, so with how cold it was that morning, I went with what was available.
Quote:
Old 12-01-2009, 12:27 PM   #9
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

My Olympia 4350's have been ok but I can't remember the last time I had in out in sub 30 weather.

May be time to replace them since I might be riding through the winter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2008_Olympia_4350_All_Season_I_Gloves_Black.jpg (13.1 KB, 28 views)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:16 PM   #10
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tached1000rr View Post
I'm in the market for a pair of winter gloves my hands were frozen wearing 2 pairs of normal gloves this a.m. on the way to work in 30 degree temps and it's 31 miles from my driveway to the parking lot at work. What do those gloves cost typically? Might order a pair tonight.
where I got them they were 85...