Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-03-2010, 06:41 PM   #1
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man
Default Quitting smoking with Chantix

I'm gonna use this thread to write my experiences in quitting smoking using chantix.

So I went to the doc yesterday told him I wanted chantix and some xanex to combat the depression I have read about. The guy wouldnt give me any xanex, he said see how it goes for a few weeks to see if I react badly. Ok I'll get the xanex later. I get a 1 month perscription and make an appointment to come back in 3 weeks to see the doc again.

Day 1 / 3 March 2010

Cigs smoked - 1 pack

In all my research 99% of the side effects are negative and usually involving bad dreams, emotional instability, nausea, and headaches. Also some suicide thrown in. Well I took the pill this morning and man did it kick in.

I was high as hell!

I think I am the 1% of the population who feels a euphoric feeling, I don't even know what I did today. I know I did stuff, lots of it, and I kept busy at work, just not exactly sure what I did. No blackouts or memory loss, i was just on cloud 9 all day bouncing around.

I ate some toast for breakfast, which was more than I have eaten in a long time, I usually don't eat breakfast. I followed the directions and will continue smoking for a week, probably through the next weekend too, just because I am going away and plan to do some serious drinking.

Day 2 / 4 March 2010

Cis smoked - 18, less than a pack

Yup, definately react to the drug with a slightly euphoric feeling, not as high as i was yesterday, but still put me in an incredibly great mood. Still don't notice any real change in the urge to smoke, though I did find myself making a real effort at 2 points today not to smoke.

On my way in to work I usually have 2 cigs, one while I'm waiting for the car to warm up/the first few minutes of driving, then again after I go through security I light up again and walk through the parking lot. On days I take the bike in i will smoke one while the bike warms up then again after I park. Today i specifically only had one smoke on the way to work instead of 2, then on the way home I did the same thing, only had one and didn't notice a difference.

Since yesterday I also find myself hungry, constantly. I haven't been eating more because I don't want to put on weight as I stop smoking, not a diet just making sure I don't put on 10-20 pounds by not smoking, which is a hunger suppresant itself. I've also noticed that my sex drive has shot through the roof. Talk about wanting to leg hump every girl around. Some lady in my office was wearing a cute knee length skirt, stripper boots and a fairly tight jacket so I followed her around the building for a minute, i was on my way out to lunch and walked right behind her, then when she turned down a hall i did the same thing. Thats not wierd is it? I had never seen her before, have no interest in knowing her, just thought that she was very attractive to walk behind, hell i don't even know who she is or what her face looks like, I've never seen her before in my life. Yeh that does sound wierd, oh well.

Tommorrow I think I'm not going to smoke on my way to lunch, maybe after too.

Day 4 / 6 March

Didn't smoke at all except for a few during the day, maybe 5. Then I went to buy new cell phones and the flood gates opened, doubles the amount over a 3 hour period while we were in the store, playing with the phones and talking over contract stuff. Best part, my bill went up $10/month for adding web to 2 phones

Last edited by derf; 03-07-2010 at 10:59 AM..
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:43 PM   #2
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Grats on being stoned

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:39 PM   #3
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Good luck, hope it works for you. Like I said in the other thread, it worked for my brother. Be sure to write down and then post about your dreams!
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:15 PM   #4
sherri_chickie
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: Gs500F

It worked for my former father in law. Good luck!
sherri_chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:26 PM   #5
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Good luck man!!

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:05 PM   #6
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

Gotta hear the crazy dreams if you have them. haha Good luck, though.
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:45 PM   #7
sherri_chickie
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: Gs500F

If you get crazy dreams let me know, we can compare. Pregnant dreams are weird and VIVID!
sherri_chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:48 PM   #8
goof2
AMA Supersport

Careful with the booze. I have heard it can change the way alcohol affects you.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:58 AM   #9
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherri_chickie View Post
If you get crazy dreams let me know, we can compare. Pregnant dreams are weird and VIVID!
You're going to make me blush.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:07 AM   #10
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

No crazy dream last night