Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-28-2008, 05:51 PM   #21
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondahugger View Post
I've got the Blackberry Pearl with AT&T. I love the phone but I've had a lot of problems with AT&T. My friend Cathy just got the new Blackberry that just came out and she LOVES it!
I just saw the silver one of those for the first time and fucking love it... Of course next time I am due for a new phone there will surely be something way cooler out...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:59 PM   #22
Hondahugger
Better Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I just saw the silver one of those for the first time and fucking love it... Of course next time I am due for a new phone there will surely be something way cooler out...
that's usually what happens. I know that I just got my blackberry in August and now here's the new one.
Hondahugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 06:05 PM   #23
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

I picked up the Blackberry Storm on Monday and I friggin love it. I had the Curve and Pearl previously, so I'm biased as fuck, but it's a great phone and I really like the screen-as-button setup.

Edited to add: I had problems with ATT as well. For about the past month most of my calls were getting sent straight to voice mail, regardless of the phone I used and I've had damn near no signal. After talking to customer service for about an hour, it was decided that I was in a low service area. Fuck that shit. I'm paying damn near 100 a month and I can't use my phone half the time because of a "low service area". Thanks but no thanks. Goodbye ATT.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis

Last edited by Corey; 11-28-2008 at 06:07 PM..
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 06:41 PM   #24
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
I picked up the Blackberry Storm on Monday and I friggin love it. I had the Curve and Pearl previously, so I'm biased as fuck, but it's a great phone and I really like the screen-as-button setup.

Edited to add: I had problems with ATT as well. For about the past month most of my calls were getting sent straight to voice mail, regardless of the phone I used and I've had damn near no signal. After talking to customer service for about an hour, it was decided that I was in a low service area. Fuck that shit. I'm paying damn near 100 a month and I can't use my phone half the time because of a "low service area". Thanks but no thanks. Goodbye ATT.
My buddy just got the storm too and that thing is bad ass. Unless something better comes out for verizon in the next few months, itll be my next phone.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 07:04 PM   #25
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
My buddy just got the storm too and that thing is bad ass. Unless something better comes out for verizon in the next few months, itll be my next phone.
Yea,I need a phone BAD and I'm with Alltel which is merging with Verizon in Jan. I'm considering either waiting to see what happens or going over to T-Mobile. They have that "G" phone that looks really cool or even the Motorola Zine would work for me. I don't really do a lot of Mobile Web stuff and the Zine has a 5 meg camera which appeals to me. Oh and it's WiFi so I DON'T have to pay for their fucking web browsing if I don't want to!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 09:42 PM   #26
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

About MegaPixels:

Anything above about 1.3 MP is gravy, unless it's your intent to blow shit up to fucking poster size. The real difference between a good and bad camera above 1.3MP is in the optics.

Don't go by the numbers. This is true for dedicated cameras too...again, technology has jacked up all of the pixel counts nice and high - what really varies is the optics...the quality of the lenses used, and that's why it's important to compare the output, not the numbers...if the camera feature on your phone is really important to you.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:47 PM   #27
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Biggest thing I look for is, does it actually have a focusing mechanism......Fortunately in the last couple of years most of them have finally started providing that.

Last edited by Homeslice; 11-28-2008 at 09:50 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 10:38 PM   #28
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
About MegaPixels:

Anything above about 1.3 MP is gravy, unless it's your intent to blow shit up to fucking poster size. The real difference between a good and bad camera above 1.3MP is in the optics.

Don't go by the numbers. This is true for dedicated cameras too...again, technology has jacked up all of the pixel counts nice and high - what really varies is the optics...the quality of the lenses used, and that's why it's important to compare the output, not the numbers...if the camera feature on your phone is really important to you.
Bingo. People don't realize that MegaPixels is the equivalent of film in old cameras. They're on the CCD, behind the lens, right where you used to find film.

Nobody would expect to get fantastic pictures out of a disposable/cheap camera if they simply put high-end film in it. Hopefully. And the same applies to digital cams now.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 10:42 PM   #29
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yea,I need a phone BAD and I'm with Alltel which is merging with Verizon in Jan. I'm considering either waiting to see what happens or going over to T-Mobile. They have that "G" phone that looks really cool or even the Motorola Zine would work for me. I don't really do a lot of Mobile Web stuff and the Zine has a 5 meg camera which appeals to me. Oh and it's WiFi so I DON'T have to pay for their fucking web browsing if I don't want to!
The X-1 has Wi-Fi/WiMax and WLAN. Just sayin'...
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 01:59 AM   #30
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
The X-1 has Wi-Fi/WiMax and WLAN. Just sayin'...
Yea but the Zine is free and the camera portion is made by Kodak which isn't necessarily the best but it's got to better than what's "normal".
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote