Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-26-2008, 10:24 PM   #21
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

has 2. just on one side. didnt want to go around the back with some more wings, because i wanted to keep the focus more forward... plus my arm pretty much covers most of that up anyways.

They're not so much part of the reaper as they are a representation of good and bad.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:00 PM   #22
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

SWEET!!! Love it babe, totally badass!!!

For ya'll afraid of the pain, it all has different factors: placement, tolerance, detail/design and the like all play a factor. I have a very high pain tolerance and my first one was mildly painful, lower back, hit alot of nerves and pretty sensitive, and very detailed and colorful but as soon as he was done and I could see it, I fell in love with it and didnt even remember it hurting. My second one, right above that one, I didnt even know he had started it, i thought he was still stenciling, I asked when he was going to start and he'd been working on it for a few minutes already. That one was less detailed, solid black and being in a different location, it never hurt at all and again was worth any discomfort.

If you are even considering putting something like like a tattoo on your body, pain isnt even a factor: design, meaning and the aging factor however are all things that are very important! Aging = can you live with it when you are 65 and have grandkids dangling on your knee? For example: breast tats, when your boob is settled around your waist, are you still going to be happy with the tat you got at 20 that has slid down with it? Or when you get that adorable tummy tat, say a lil mouse or something, and then you get pregnant, and after the baby is born and it looks like Dumbo with tiger stripes, can you be happy with that? Important things to think about...for you younger crowd, always think of the world as you age, when you are trying to get a corporate job, do you want a tat around your neck at interviews or covering your hand when you reach out to shake hands?
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:32 PM   #23
t-homo
WSB Champion

I will never get a tattoo that can't be covered with a short sleeve shirt.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:10 AM   #24
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

mine just barely peek out w/ a short sleve shirt.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:15 AM   #25
Rider
Moto GP Star

So that one on your arm, did you steal that idea from Vinnie Vincent of Kiss when the wore make-up ?
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:22 AM   #26
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
mine just barely peek out w/ a short sleve shirt.
That's about how mine are too...some t-shirts they will show and some not washed as many times...they may or may not show.

Golf/Polo type shirt....they don't show.

Nice tat man.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:23 AM   #27
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
That's about how mine are too...some t-shirts they will show and some not washed as many times...they may or may not show.

Golf/Polo type shirt....they don't show.
Mine is the same way.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:30 AM   #28
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
So that one on your arm, did you steal that idea from Vinnie Vincent of Kiss when the wore make-up ?
lol, no.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ankh

first appeared as a symbol in ancient egypt, and reappeared in early christianity before the crucifix was widely accepted (at very first showing a sign of the cricifix was considered derogatory and disrespectful to the religion, symbols like an alpha, ankh, and others were commonly used to denote Christians)