Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 02-03-2009, 10:20 PM   #1
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I think the point made about the ease in which GSP slid out of the triangles Penn tried to apply... The commentators even noticed how Penn could not hold on and chalked it up to him being sweaty... GSP slipped out of no fewer than 5 triangle attempts... I'd say Penn has a legitimate beef.
The thing that Im wondering is where all the vaseline was applied. I saw him rub his shoulders and chest, but I thought most of the triangle attempts were closer to GSPs stomach and lower back where there wasnt any vaseline. I could be wrong on that, but it looked like it wouldnt have a huge effect judging by the area.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:50 PM   #2
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
The thing that Im wondering is where all the vaseline was applied. I saw him rub his shoulders and chest, but I thought most of the triangle attempts were closer to GSPs stomach and lower back where there wasnt any vaseline. I could be wrong on that, but it looked like it wouldnt have a huge effect judging by the area.
The triangle is a choke... Penn repeatedly locked GSP's neck and arm in position and he slipped right out each time...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:45 AM   #3
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

I was not impressed with Penn tonight. Pierre looked rather winded at first but by the end of the fight he barely looked worked up at all.

I did however love the Machida/Silva fight. They could not have been any more equal on the stats board. Machida handled him though.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:53 AM   #4
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick281 View Post
I was not impressed with Penn tonight. Pierre looked rather winded at first but by the end of the fight he barely looked worked up at all.

I did however love the Machida/Silva fight. They could not have been any more equal on the stats board. Machida handled him though.
I never saw Pierre get winded, but he absolutely dominated every aspect of that fight. I cant believe Penn thought it was a good idea to bump up a weight class to fight GSP.

I cant stand Machida, this was the second fight that he just ran away from his opponent and would come back to throw one shot, and then just run some more.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:06 AM   #5
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
I never saw Pierre get winded, but he absolutely dominated every aspect of that fight. I cant believe Penn thought it was a good idea to bump up a weight class to fight GSP.

I cant stand Machida, this was the second fight that he just ran away from his opponent and would come back to throw one shot, and then just run some more.
Machida whooped dudes ass, there's not really more you can say about that. If someone went in with a gameplan that forced that dude out of his comfort zone (which obviously is counter-attacking), then we'd see what he's all about. If everyone keeps coming at him and plays his game, we'll see that guy do well.

I sorta expected the Penn/Pierre fight to end up that way, but I was hoping not. Pierre is just too strong for Penn to compete with at that weight. Penn looked pretty decent in the first round, then Pierre just dominated... Penn couldn't do shit. I'm interested in seeing how Penn comes back when he drops back down to his proper weight class.

I'll tell you who excited me the most... Jon Jones or whatever the fuck that guy's name was... Unorthodox, fast, powerful, and fantastic takedowns. Bonner has never been one to impress me, but he's a solid competitor and tough as nails... Ol' dude just kicked his ass. With better conditioning and a more rounded game (some maturity) that guy's gonna be cash money.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:12 AM   #6
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Quote:
Machida whooped dudes ass, there's not really more you can say about that. If someone went in with a gameplan that forced that dude out of his comfort zone (which obviously is counter-attacking), then we'd see what he's all about. If everyone keeps coming at him and plays his game, we'll see that guy do well.

I sorta expected the Penn/Pierre fight to end up that way, but I was hoping not. Pierre is just too strong for Penn to compete with at that weight. Penn looked pretty decent in the first round, then Pierre just dominated... Penn couldn't do shit. I'm interested in seeing how Penn comes back when he drops back down to his proper weight class.

I'll tell you who excited me the most... Jon Jones or whatever the fuck that guy's name was... Unorthodox, fast, powerful, and fantastic takedowns. Bonner has never been one to impress me, but he's a solid competitor and tough as nails... Ol' dude just kicked his ass. With better conditioning and a more rounded game (some maturity) that guy's gonna be cash money.

Could not agree with you more about the Jon Jones guy. He was very in control of that entire fight but I give props to the other guy who took the hits and kept on trucking. Jon Jones does have a bright future indeed.

Having not followed UFC in quite some time I didn't realize that Penn had done up a weight class to fight GSP. I suppose that helps to explain how things went down.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:38 AM   #7
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Quote:

True, he does execute his game plan very well, but the ortiz fight still sucked to me due to the fact that he ran away for most of it.

And Jon Jones was definitely a beast. I had never heard of him before last night but that guy is gonna be tough for anyone to handle if he fights like he did last night.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:09 PM   #8
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
True, he does execute his game plan very well, but the ortiz fight still sucked to me due to the fact that he ran away for most of it.

And Jon Jones was definitely a beast. I had never heard of him before last night but that guy is gonna be tough for anyone to handle if he fights like he did last night.
I still say Machida is smart... Dude's been hit less than anyone in the UFC... I think the whole point is to inflict damage without getting hit, right?

JJ needs conditioning... He was a wet noodle in the 3rd round...