Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 11-24-2009, 10:32 AM   #21
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

I do not pass multiple cars and I do not pass in neighborhoods or where there are any turn offs. I am VERY picky about my locations I choose to pass.

I have seen and heard of this happening too many times however. Often the reason cars are backing up is because the front car is looking for a road to turn on to. They are not checking their mirrors for someone to pass them if they are in a no passing zone. Very sad to see this happen. Be patient people! Getting up the road a few seconds faster isn't worth hurting yourself/others to make a bad pass.

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)

Last edited by HokieDNA01; 11-24-2009 at 10:34 AM..
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:33 AM   #22
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Edit since I can't seem to make this site work properly from my phone or work..

I would also like to point out, that you're likely to pass several cars in a no passing lane. This is due to cars bunching up. If they weren't bunching up, there's usually no reason to pass aside from wanting to haul ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 View Post
I do not pass multiple cars and I do not pass in neighborhoods or where there are any turn offs. I am VERY picky about my locations I choose to pass.
But, you STILL do it?
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:36 AM   #23
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

I will pass a single car after careful planning of where to pass and of there being no place for them to turn left. I also will wait for miles to see if the car will pull over or if a passing lane will open up. I very rarely pass on the double yellow on a curve.

If this was just one car on a straight away with no turn offs..this would not have happened

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)

Last edited by HokieDNA01; 11-24-2009 at 10:45 AM..
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:37 AM   #24
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
That's true Johnny Cochran...that could be.
I missed my true calling
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:43 AM   #25
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Dickwad was "attempting to pass several cars in a no passing zone"...isn't that what it stated ? Put a fork in him...he's done...just sayin'.
Oh I know that... I'm not sure that's a "capitol crime"... I've seen several members of this board pass cars in a no passing zone. I haven't read the responses yet but I bet at least a couple are already on here. I'm sure they are swearing that they never make illegal passes, etc, etc, etc.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:45 AM   #26
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I missed my true calling
Hey if I was the guy that screwed up in this situation I would want someone helping/representing me that looked at all angles too...wouldn't we all ?

I'd like to think I wouldn't ever get myself in this situation though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Oh I know that... I'm not sure that's a "capitol crime"... I've seen several members of this board pass cars in a no passing zone. I haven't read the responses yet but I bet at least a couple are already on here. I'm sure they are swearing that they never make illegal passes, etc, etc, etc.
I know..I know....
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:46 AM   #27
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by njchopper87 View Post
I was thinking along the same lines, Tigger. Regardless if he's at fault for not though, he still makes it seem pretty damn hard not to point in that direction.
Oh I know, I just like stirring up the self righteous hypocrites here. I'm sure none of them have ever passed in a no passing zone... of course not.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:55 AM   #28
unknownroad
Guys... where *are* we?

Moto: SV650 Interstate, CX500 rat-bobber, whatever else runs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
I would also like to point out, that you're likely to pass several cars in a no passing lane. This is due to cars bunching up. If they weren't bunching up, there's usually no reason to pass aside from wanting to haul ass.
Huh? I appreciate wanting to argue for the sake of arguing, but that doesn't make any damned sense.

And to the best of my recollection, I've never deliberately passed someone in a no-passing zone. I'm a very defensive driver.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:55 AM   #29
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Oh I know, I just like stirring up the self righteous hypocrites here. I'm sure none of them have ever passed in a no passing zone... of course not.
Oh I have...not that you were addressing me BUT when you take that chance and you fail...it's on you. I just find it funny when everyone automatically defends the biker and blames the person he slammed in to...when again...it was a no passing zone...he played...he lost...time to pay the piper.

Ok...what if that was your mother...sister...or "woman" in the car ? Two sides to everything I guess.

Can anyone tell if that was a GSXR ?

Last edited by z06boy; 11-24-2009 at 10:58 AM..
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:57 AM   #30
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
yeah forget that whole passing in a no passing zone.........then there's the passing several cars.

sheesh bikers car do no wrong.

guy died here recently practicing wheelies, ran into a building, 2nd time i've heard of tht over the yrs.
I'm not saying that but "alleging" that this guy was "doing wheelies" prior to the accident has nothing to do with the accident itself. Besides, I have personally been in the situation where I was pulled over by a cop because he got a call that someone on a sport bike was doing wheelies. If a bike came by doing a wheelie at any time during the day, of course, it just had to be this guy after the accident!!!

The only reason that wheelies were mentioned was to "spice" up the story. If this accident had occurred between two cars, it would have hardly made the paper. I'm more interested in the fact that "alcohol was involved" personally. You love focusing on "evil sport bike riders", I one the other hand, have a huge hatred of people who drink and drive. There are no lower forms of life, IMHO! You've read one article where a bike actually killed a person in a car. Let's compare that with the number of drunk drivers who have killed people on bikes? Or even in other cars. I would rather take 50 guys doing wheelies on their bikes than even one of you assholes who just "have a couple beers" and drive your cars home.