Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-12-2010, 09:57 AM   #1
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Fortunately I go to the GYM after 8:30 when most tend to complain "Its too late to go to the gym" or I don't want to miss my sitcoms!!" so I don't see to many noobs.
Most of the year the gym is empty anyway since its not "fancy".

Even when the few noobs do show up it doesn't bother me. Its so dead when I go I never ever ever EVER have to wait to use equipment.

There are two things that bug me.
The groups of kids (16-24) who crowd around one machine in their wife beaters trying to impress each other as they yap on and on about "bitches".

The other are those who reek of cigarettes or stop mid workout to go out side in front of the gym for a smoke.

One thing that doesn't bother me that much but I'll mention it: Working out in Jeans and your damn lugz boots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:03 AM   #2
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

50-60 year old Asian men with golf shirts, khakis, and all-white "walking shoes"
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:29 AM   #3
AquaPython
put it THIS way

that doesnt bother me much.

i hate the characters in the locker and gym though.

the whistler :
old man usually in his late 50's. feels the unstoppable compulsion to whistle along with EVERY song on the fixed horrible satelite gym chanel. loudly. i want the edge of my hand to meet his adam's apple with haste.

the man in the mirror:
even older man. always in the bathroom, locker area. never EVER seen outside in the actual gym. he may live there. always naked. If not, then he is wrapped with a towel and will be naked soon. will hold full conversations with other men while stark naked. will blow dry his hair in front of the mirror, naked. why the FUCK do you have to be naked to blow dry your hair?

the beast that stares:
unequal parts man and woman. you are never sure what it actually is. the strength of ten men. vascular thighs. and a b cup ? oh yes. it is omnipresent in the gym floor. you come after work, it's there. you come on a sunday morning, it's there. does it work? how does it pay for it's membership? it knows everyone. oh yea, and it stares at you hungrily.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:49 AM   #4
Kerry_129
Semi-reformed Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
the man in the mirror:
even older man. always in the bathroom, locker area. never EVER seen outside in the actual gym. he may live there. always naked. If not, then he is wrapped with a towel and will be naked soon. will hold full conversations with other men while stark naked. will blow dry his hair in front of the mirror, naked. why the FUCK do you have to be naked to blow dry your hair?
Oh god, I HATE those guys!! Like, seriously, man - I'm glad you're comfortable with your wrinkly ass and little turtle-head, but you don't have to show them off to every damn body, and NO, I don't want to talk or maintain eye-contact with your creepy ass!

Not really a 'New Year' thing, but I typically have worked-out more frequently during the wintertime, just 'cus it's cold and riding/outdoor activities are less frequent. My living situation at the moment gives me more time (and frustration) to burn off also, so the timing is right to get myself into a much more thorough & consistent routine than I've had in years (used to be pretty religious about it).

Last edited by Kerry_129; 01-12-2010 at 01:22 PM..
Kerry_129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:56 PM   #5
Leon
WERA Yellow Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post

the beast that stares:
unequal parts man and woman. you are never sure what it actually is. the strength of ten men. vascular thighs. and a b cup ? oh yes. it is omnipresent in the gym floor. you come after work, it's there. you come on a sunday morning, it's there. does it work? how does it pay for it's membership? it knows everyone. oh yea, and it stares at you hungrily.
I've seen that thing at your gym and will never go there again.

So far the resolutioners haven't been too bad this year. I'm hoping it continues to stay the same way.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:34 AM   #6
Method
Canyon Carver

Moto: MTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYEster View Post
Bueller?

I know the first few weeks of the year are always the biggest traffic time, and lots of commitments are made, goals set, yadda yadda yadda...

But please for the love of god spend the $5 for a lock if you have lock-able lockers. Nothing makes me want to rob you and set your shit on fire more than having to go through about 4 or 5 receptacles to find an empty, crap free place to store my shit while I hit the weights. I don't care if you want to stare at me for actually working out, or for the sweat I am generating... Just please lock your shit up so I don't waste my time in the stinky changing room trying to get my lift on.

Thank you!
LOL I was just thinking about this yesterday as I looked through 6 different lockers till I finally came to an empty one. Wtf.

This year is particularly bad. The jeaners (ppl working out in jeans) are all over the place.

I don't mind the fatties (or skinny fatties) coming in, since kudos to you for getting off the couch, but please please get some instructions on how to lift before you kill yourself or throw something out of joint.

All the kids in their wifebeaters (usually skinny ass kids) don't bother me too much, since they just hang out at the flat bench for 30 minutes (and do 2 sets maybe each) and we have several others at this gym.

Go ahead and stare wondering wtf I'm doing as I superset with heavy weights. Go ahead and stare as I'm doing a 4-6-10 dropset. You might learn something.. I hope.

1 more month.. Then everything will get back to normal. I'm tired of going to the gym at 2:30 in the afternoon to avoid the rush of retards.

/rant off

Last edited by Method; 01-12-2010 at 10:46 AM..
Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:36 AM   #7
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

Man, you guys get pissed at a lot at the gym. Most of the time I barely notice anyone else there.

Except that weird roided out Asian chick that slams weights and screams at people that walk near her machine. She scares me.
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:41 PM   #8
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Man, you guys get pissed at a lot at the gym. Most of the time I barely notice anyone else there.

Except that weird roided out Asian chick that slams weights and screams at people that walk near her machine. She scares me.

It wasn't a big deal because it's something small. It's when that something small because a huge nuisance that happens all the time. I mean, it's in the name LOCKer. Lock it up or deal with the identity theft that can and probably will follow when I assume you're name and/or sell it to a Nigerian scam artist.

As for the people who use the gym, I don't care who or what you are doing because it's got no relevance to me.
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:34 PM   #9
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Mine isn't a new years thing, it's a deployment thing. Working out 6 days a week, and I can notice the difference.
Biggest thing is going to be if I can keep it up when I get home.
Soooo many better things at home. Beer, bikes, hunting, etc etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote