Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-20-2009, 09:15 PM   #21
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

I don't have the means, technical abilities or know the right people to do both build/race cars and bikes. And I don't have the genetics to be a professional bodybuilder.

However I'm pursuing BOTH as hobbies and am quite happy with it all.
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:45 AM   #22
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Too old and too untrained to be an aerialist
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 02:28 AM   #23
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
I got married young instead of going to vet school like I dreamed my entire life. All the years following I've fought to keep my head above bills, mortgage, car payments etc. I know all about living beyond ones means. I am just now, at almost 28 in a position to be able to go back to school and get into doing something I want, versus what I need to do to pay the bills.
Kinda like the path I went down. I just turned 30 when I got into PA school and was kinda frustrated getting a late start on things but first i couldnt do anything about whats already done and just kept going forward. I fell into a prety good gig now with the jobbie jobs so I will just keep at it.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 02:30 AM   #24
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
Money is over rated. What I want is time and enough money to do the things I enjoy. Firefighting might be the career that can do that. I have to decide. My black ass burning in a fire is a drawback. Nothing is perfect.

James
200 an hr def isnt over rated

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:34 AM   #25
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

I'm working on it. I'm planning on going to work for a state after retiring from the military, several of them will give me retirement a few years sooner after 20 years active Federal service, so I'll be in my mid 50's and retired twice with enough money to open a bike shop or a bar.
Amorok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:34 AM   #26
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
Money is over rated. What I want is time and enough money to do the things I enjoy. Firefighting might be the career that can do that. I have to decide. My black ass burning in a fire is a drawback. Nothing is perfect.

James
My buddy is a firefighter. He almost never responds to fire calls. Most of what firefighter respond to these days is accident scenes.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:24 AM   #27
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Don't get the answers on the other thread confused with my real life. I love my career!! It's cakes and pies!!
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:29 AM   #28
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

well I didn't do my field of choice because my sig other said she wouldn't wait around for me if I was driving truck. Then we had a kid, no time for him if I'm gone all the time.

now days, I don't care if she waits, the kid graduated from high school and doesn't want me around anyway () but now I find I've gotten used to being home and having my "play time"
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:32 AM   #29
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I'm not a famous cook and no one will give me a show to review diners/drive ins/dives since it's already being done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:38 AM   #30
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
I'm working on it. I'm planning on going to work for a state after retiring from the military, several of them will give me retirement a few years sooner after 20 years active Federal service, so I'll be in my mid 50's and retired twice with enough money to open a bike shop or a bar.
Cha-ching!!!! Yeh seriously that is a great plan, although I am working toward a very similar goal I do plan to take a few years off after I retire to travel. I got just over a decade to think about it, 2021 is approaching real fast. Once I do some traveling and see the world I was thinking about becoming a DMV picture guy taking headshots of all the kids who just got their liscense. I would make sure that they take the worst possible picture