Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Mechanical or Tech

Old 07-31-2008, 08:07 PM   #121
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
hey i was wondering(question for dlit too)-are u gonna use race gas when u start racing? just curious.

if so, you going to get it tuned again i hopes
I'm not racing and will never race, unless I win the lottery. Too expensive. Riding tracks with buds is plenty for me. We still "race" during track days.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:43 PM   #122
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
I'm not racing and will never race, unless I win the lottery. Too expensive. Riding tracks with buds is plenty for me. We still "race" during track days.
i thought u said u were gonna be racing next year, thats how the whole vortex sponsership came about. said u were running mid-pack times...

and i didnt assume either of u meant a full season, just a few races here and there. racing a full season is buttfucking expensive, but one or two races isnt that bad, and worth the experience...and also addicting
Old 07-31-2008, 10:05 PM   #123
DLIT
Clit Commander

Quote:
i thought u said u were gonna be racing next year, thats how the whole vortex sponsership came about. said u were running mid-pack times...

and i didnt assume either of u meant a full season, just a few races here and there. racing a full season is buttfucking expensive, but one or two races isnt that bad, and worth the experience...and also addicting
I told Vortex that so I would get the sponsorship. I really didn't have to. I do run mid-pack times, but it's too much scrilla to race for my ass. And all 1 or 2 races would do is get my dick hard, it wouldn't bust my nut or anything, know what I mean? If I was gonna race, I would want to race in as many races as possible.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:07 PM   #124
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

so will Vortex pull your sponsorship? what do you get out of the sponsorship anyways?
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:09 PM   #125
DLIT
Clit Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
so will Vortex pull your sponsorship? what do you get out of the sponsorship anyways?
I can't say what i get out of the sponsorship (it's in the contract). I don't think they'll pull it, there's other dudes on the local forum that got sponsored too and they're no way near as fast as me nor do they race.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:21 PM   #126
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

ahh got ya... cool shit.

wonder if brembo or Ohlins is look'n for a pre-rookie to sponsor...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:39 AM   #127
Dnyce
flyin high

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
I told Vortex that so I would get the sponsorship. I really didn't have to. I do run mid-pack times, but it's too much scrilla to race for my ass. And all 1 or 2 races would do is get my dick hard, it wouldn't bust my nut or anything, know what I mean? If I was gonna race, I would want to race in as many races as possible.
yea i hear ya...but once u get to front runner, mid front times, u need to race-replace like 2-3 track days with one race
Old 08-01-2008, 12:50 AM   #128
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
I'm going to do full season... I don't fuck around. Either do it balls deep, or don't do it at all, ya know?
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:59 AM   #129
Dnyce
flyin high

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
I'm going to do full season... I don't fuck around. Either do it balls deep, or don't do it at all, ya know?
balls deep is the best way-but im assuming the races are at different tracks and shit, didnt know you had that much extra time to do it.

whats your series gonna be like? how many races, what tracks, etc.
rules? novice class, so probably kinda strict...guessing nothin past a pc/pipe, clutch and gearing changes? stock internals, stock head? spec tires or whatever u want?

too bad you're so far, i'd roll to every race. checking split times, seeing where you're better than other riders, where they're better than you, where you're losing time, all that shit. i fucking love racing. period.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:07 AM   #130
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
balls deep is the best way-but im assuming the races are at different tracks and shit, didnt know you had that much extra time to do it.

whats your series gonna be like? how many races, what tracks, etc.
rules? novice class, so probably kinda strict...guessing nothin past a pc/pipe, clutch and gearing changes? stock internals, stock head? spec tires or whatever u want?

too bad you're so far, i'd roll to every race. checking split times, seeing where you're better than other riders, where they're better than you, where you're losing time, all that shit. i fucking love racing. period.
Actually there's a neat series up here the LRRS (Loudon road race series) that runs ONLY at NHMS in Loudon, NH. About an hour and twenty minutes... the track I do TDs at all the time.

It's a part of the CCS I think, which means if you want to you can also go to some other tracks and get points for CCS in addition to the ones you got from Loudon. Not sure about all of that though.

There are various classes I can run in, because you want to bump up to amateur fairly soon I think and you need at least 10 races and a good index to do that. At Loudon bigger/faster bikes don't have that much of an advantage because the track is so tight and technical. For example my buddy ran his 600 in the heavyweight superbike class and took a podium I think. Therefore when I get started I will just take a lot of races to get experience. There is supersport (pretty restricted), superbike (less) and then unlimited. There are also weight/displacement classes obviously.

I wish you lived closer too haha... a pit buddy is an invaluable resource. I don't need someone doing split times until I start to get fast though... I'm friggin' slow now.

Typically people run several races a weekend, like 3 or 4.

I think there are 8 race weekends per season roughly.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote