Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Mechanical or Tech

Old 06-27-2008, 01:34 PM   #41
dubbs
Multistrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
Engine Ice is good shit, easy to find, go to any bike dealer with a parts section and ask.
Yeah and It's already premixed.. I used it in my old 240 which tended to get a bit hot, worked pretty well.
Daily Driver - 2011 Toyota Prius - Black
Beater - 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid - Dust Colored
dubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 01:39 PM   #42
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Liquid Performance > Engine Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:12 PM   #43
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Liquid Performance > Engine Ice
Is that track approved?
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:12 PM   #44
r!der
snowboarder

Moto: 05 GSXR 600

Looks like you're wasting no time! Looking good!
Old 06-27-2008, 02:13 PM   #45
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Is that track approved?
if the track will allow engine ice, it will allow liquid performance.

check with the track org rules
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:15 PM   #46
mondos06cbr1000
Kneedragger

Moto: 2006 CBR1000RR

k man ill call ya tonight and find out when to swing by

Full Akra TI Evo / Hex Canister, PC-III custom map, BMC Race filters, Woodcraft Rearsets, Pazzo Levers, OEM Cowl Seat, Flapper Mod, Sporttech windscreen
Pirelli DCIII's 190/55, Flushmounts, Jardine Fender Eliminator, EBC brake pads

1995 XR250R- Dirt Toy

Delta CO 181 Infantry
mondos06cbr1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 01:52 AM   #47
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Go engine ice!!! It rocks!!! Make sure its cycle logic!!!

http://www.cyclelogic.cc./

Also, try taking your rad to a rad repair shop. They can probably fix it for pennies on the dollar to buying a new one.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 02:33 PM   #48
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondos06cbr1000 View Post
k man ill call ya tonight and find out when to swing by
FAIL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Go engine ice!!! It rocks!!! Make sure its cycle logic!!!

http://www.cyclelogic.cc./

Also, try taking your rad to a rad repair shop. They can probably fix it for pennies on the dollar to buying a new one.
I got the engine ice just haven't put the rad back on yet.

I think I'm just going to JB weld the old radiator and keep it as a spare... even cheaper than rad repair.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:39 PM   #49
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Over the weekend I came to the garage to find more parts had shown up and was able to get some work done.

More toys...

Fresh set of tank sliders for the new tank:

Dzus fasteners and windshield nuts/bolts:

PCIII USB:

Full akrapovic SS exhaust system with CF can:

Decals for race plastics... replicas of the MotoGP 2007 Valencia scheme:

Fresh radiator:

There was a HUGE box with all the fairings and everything. I got a killer deal from a real nice guy on this stuff... he didn't want to part it out so there is a bunch of stuff I don't need so I will just sell it off. But the box contained ALL the stock fairings, a fresh gas tank, headlight, taillight, both seats, ppegs, signals, hotbodies undertail, windscreen etc etc... got everything for a grand, and everything is absolutely perfect and mint condition:

Then I got started working... peeled off the yammy emblems from the gas tank and then spent a long ass time getting all the glue residue off from underneath... all prepped for tank slider installation:

Installed the fuel pump and gas gap... decided to wait on installing the tank sliders until the tank is on the bike:

Fixed that pesky tank side cover with the broken tab by plasticwelding with an old soldering iron... came out pretty good:

Pulled the stock air filter:

Threw in the BMC race filter:

Then, I went to install the woodcraft case covers. Pulled off the right side cover:

Then, installed the woodcraft unit and one bolt ripped the threads out of the engine. FUCK!

Long story short, lesson learned is that a torque wrench meant for 10-80 ftlbs is not accurate at all at 10 ftlbs. Ended up using this as an excuse to check out the new harbor freight in Worcester, where I ended up getting two torque wrenches for 40 bucks total... One for a higher torque range than my current, and one for lower. Also picked up a 115-piece drill indexf or 40 bucks, a pneumatic roller stool for 25 bucks, and a bunch of other shit.

Also grabbed a helicoil kit to do the repair.

Drilled that fucker out:

Installed the helicoil with some red loctite and let sit overnight:

Old 07-01-2008, 06:39 PM   #50
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Sunday my good buddy Jim came by to hang out and lend a hand, which was nice. Threw the right side cover on... no problems this time:

Pulled the stator cover... it was nice having the second set of hands pulling the stator out of the cover. Got that bitch thrown on:

Ended up pulling the rear wheel to clean both sprockets and the chain REALLY well... there was so much sand and shit in there that it really needed to be done thoroughly. Annoying, but I feel pretty good about how clean it came out:

I disassembled the right rearset to pull off the brake lever and the master cylinder and heelguard. Attached that stuff to the woodcraft rearset. Pulled off nthe stock brak switch and cut the wires, and spliced in the new woodcraft banjo pressure switch (activated by fluid pressure). Bled the rear brake completely and installed the new banjo.

Meanwhile Jim was installing the left rearset. He then put a gixxer sticker on my bike to be funny, saying it would add horsepower. Notice in this picture that yes, there is a gixxer sticker... but also, there is an incorrectly installed shift linkage and arm. Fuckin' gixxer riders.

Then Jim left and I fixed the linkage:

Then, I started installing the exhaust system. The header tubes were already partially assembled and the collectors as well right out of the box, as you can see in the photo up above of the system... well, I was having a bitch of a time getting the header tubes to fit into the engine and couldn't get things to mount up right. I was worried I was going to damage things such that it wouldn't be returnable and wanted to be sure I didn't have a wrong/messed kit... so I took the bike back to GMD to install it.

Well, it was the right kit, it was just that the pieces that were pre-assembled needed to be taken apart and the springs removed to allow all the pipes to turn/slide around in eachother in order for things to fit. Once that was done, just attached all the springs and everything fit great.

I guess I shouldn't have assumed pulling the thing out of the box that all the pre-assembly was right... Lesson learned. Anyways, the system looks fucking sick and I'm sure it's going to be LAF and add some good power.

Now just have to:

- Install tank sliders
- Remove O2 sensor
- Install Radiator
- Fill gas tank, fill cooling system with engine ice, put oil in the bike, fill and bleed rear brake
- Install PCIII (with downloaded map just to see if bike runs well)
- Mount and fit the race plastics, drill all the holes for fasteners and frame sliders
- Monday the 7th take the bike to the dyno for custom map and tune, and take the race plastics and a few other things up to the painter (and hope they both finish that stuff in time for track days the 15th and 16th)
- Throw the decals on there
- Install a couple other things (replacement pazzo lever, stompgrip, tank pad, etc) when they show up

Shit's gonna be so sick