Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-14-2009, 02:08 PM   #101
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Should be "shut up forever" and I'll spend my dollar....

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:17 PM   #102
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
Meh, it kinda does matter. Yeah, she's "in the business," but it takes a particular kind of asshole to be that big of a dick to a 17 year old. He'd be a dick if she was 35, 50, or 75, but he's an even BIGGER dick since she's only 17.
She had her break up in the news for months at least. What he did was nothing compared to that.

If it was my 17 year old (or 19) daughter I would be pissed, but I would also be pissed if it was my 30 something year old wife.

He has a right to his opinion but he should have expressed that opinion later that night. He could have done it on his website, Facebook or Twitter.

James

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
He's also a bully! I wonder if he would have tried that shit if 50 cent or someone like that was up there?

Besides, Beyonce won 2 awards, did he think she deserved them all? Yeesh!
MJ used to take them all so why not? :P

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:22 PM   #103
azoomm
moderator chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
MJ used to take them all so why not? :P

James
Yeah... but when he won them he was black...

or was he??

Come Play at the Track!!

Old 09-14-2009, 02:26 PM   #104
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
She had her break up in the news for months at least. What he did was nothing compared to that.

If it was my 17 year old (or 19) daughter I would be pissed, but I would also be pissed if it was my 30 something year old wife.

He has a right to his opinion but he should have expressed that opinion later that night. He could have done it on his website, Facebook or Twitter.

James
Eh, I dunno... I think this was a bit worse than her Ex tweeting about her. I'm sure that sucked TOO (since again, she's 17-ish), but to have her big moment shattered? Hard to deal with at 30, exponentialy harder, IMO, at 17.

I agree, he's got a right to have an opinion, and hell, he's got his own blog, so why not use that vehicle (where he's already got fans following) to vent about it. No one would've faulted him at ALL if he'd just gone that route.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:26 PM   #105
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Yeah... but when he won them he was black...

or was he??

LOL. Yes I believe he was still black then.

James
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 09-14-2009, 02:28 PM   #106
neebelung

Quote:
LOL. Yes I believe he was still black then.

James
And MALE. Don't forget MALE.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:37 PM   #107
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
Eh, I dunno... I think this was a bit worse than her Ex tweeting about her. I'm sure that sucked TOO (since again, she's 17-ish), but to have her big moment shattered? Hard to deal with at 30, exponentialy harder, IMO, at 17.

I agree, he's got a right to have an opinion, and hell, he's got his own blog, so why not use that vehicle (where he's already got fans following) to vent about it. No one would've faulted him at ALL if he'd just gone that route.
He should have used the other avenues but he didn't. Why? It could be the shock value. It could be that he has to get it out right now.

I have had times when I would have something on my mind and I wanted to post about it. If I was home at the time or at a computer I would go at it. Most of the time by the time I get home I say fuck it and don't bother. Maybe he needs to deal with it right then and there.

But this is 2009, he could have been bitching about that on Facebook and Twitter right as it was happening. There could have been 10% of the people there would have received his update on their phone right then and there.

James
Old 09-14-2009, 02:41 PM   #108
neebelung

Quote:
He should have used the other avenues but he didn't. Why? It could be the shock value. It could be that he has to get it out right now.

I have had times when I would have something on my mind and I wanted to post about it. If I was home at the time or at a computer I would go at it. Most of the time by the time I get home I say fuck it and don't bother. Maybe he needs to deal with it right then and there.

But this is 2009, he could have been bitching about that on Facebook and Twitter right as it was happening. There could have been 10% of the people there would have received his update on their phone right then and there.James
Exactly! Hell, I caught a few minutes of some post-show show, and they were actually CHARTING the moments when twitter was abuzz about the whole ordeal. He might've reached a BIGGER audience, and not alienated them, had he taken that route.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:41 PM   #109
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

They should have an award show for the Real World or whatever the hell is on there 24hrs a day. Not for videos, that they never play...

If I want to watch a music video I watch Fuse, or even VH1.
defector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:48 PM   #110
azoomm
moderator chick

You know what I think this is? I think it's the edge of a certain generation that was raised with some stupid sense of entitlement. That Kanye believes the world is entitled to his opinion. And, that he's entitled to the mic. And now, that the world is entitled to forgive him and pay him because he texted some retarded apology. He said "I'm sorry" so it should all be better... right?

I don't think it was staged. I think they had him back there and just banked on him doing something like this. It's why he won't ever be banned from events, they sell advertising with the assumption something offending will happen and people will be clicking and talking about it for days....

Come Play at the Track!!