Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-14-2009, 03:52 PM   #121
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
At my gym they have a video station and I watch some of these rap vids and just think to myself what made them think this would be a good idea its like every other video out there
Ah, in that sense, videos have always had a "formula," it just changes over the years. Back in the 80's, it was big hair, tight pants, and chicks in leather bras (with big hair, and tight pants).

Now it's big houses, expensive cars, big yachts, and big asses in bikinis.

Seems the common thread is bigger is better!
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:52 PM   #122
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
And aside from that, videos then were FUN. Those videos were always toungue-in-cheek, and fun to watch back in those days.
Whats funny in some of the rap videos is they try to come off all serious which makes them look more ridiculous

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:54 PM   #123
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Whats funny in some of the rap videos is they try to come off all serious which makes them look more ridiculous

Tom
It's tough to take someone serious when he's wearing a ring on every finger, a coat, and a Mercedes hood ornament on a chain around his neck, while chillin' in a chair beside his pool.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:56 PM   #124
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
It's tough to take someone serious when he's wearing a ring on every finger, a coat, and a Mercedes hood ornament on a chain around his neck, while chillin' in a chair beside his pool.
True at least they got away from the motorcycles in the videos, now its just cars most of them cant even afford

One was kinda funny the 2 guys were dressed up as used car salesman from the 70's, though tthat was kinda funny and they didnt seem to take themselves too seriously.

Tom
Old 09-14-2009, 03:58 PM   #125
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Is it easier if they have tight ass jeans or spandex? Men in make up?

Twisted Sister. I liked this song back in the day. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT1LXhgXPWs

Kiss?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNGNLo8K6Fk

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 04:00 PM   #126
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Well at least Twisted Sister you KNEW weren't taking themselves seriously.... it was all for laughs.

Kiss - marketing/merchandising wizards. Plain and simple.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 04:04 PM   #127
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post

Well at least Twisted Sister you KNEW weren't taking themselves seriously.... it was all for laughs.

Kiss - marketing/merchandising wizards. Plain and simple.
And kiss is on like the 10th leg of their farewell tour plus kiss and to a lesser degree twisted sister were the first to do what they did. Think back to waht kiss was back in the late 70's. P-diddy or any of these clowns could only hope to achieve the level they did. I doubt we will ever see another band do something like that again.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:05 PM   #128
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:

Tom
Exactly...........trying to act all hard-ass, or like they're the blood enemies of some other rapper when in reality they're in cahoots with each other and just trying to sell records.

Also, ever notice some of these clowns conveniently get arrested for minor crimes right before their new album or movie comes out?

I would not even call most of today's hip-hop hip-hop........it's more "thug nightclub music". It's sad when one of the only people who can flow anymore is Eminem.

Last edited by Homeslice; 09-14-2009 at 04:07 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 04:06 PM   #129
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Exactly...........trying to act all hard-ass, or like they're the blood enemies of some other rapper when in reality they're in cahoots with each other and just trying to sell records.

Also, ever notice some of these clowns conveniently get arrested for minor crimes right before their new album or movie comes out?
Gives em street cred

Tom
Old 09-14-2009, 04:44 PM   #130
goof2
AMA Supersport

In my view it is worse if it was set up. I don't really care about a demonstrated idiot doing what he does best, being an idiot. I am less likely to brush off creating a situation with racial overtones in an attempt to boost "buzz" about a show simply because it stopped being relevant 20+ years ago.

The boat (from what I have read a Grand Craft) in the Kid Rock video is pretty bad ass though.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote