Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-07-2011, 02:30 PM   #31
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

Glad you found something you like Corey. The problem with a 10mm though, is it's kinda like a red headed step child in the gun world. Ammo is not "common" (won't find it at "every" store that carries ammo) and it's expensive because it isn't a high volume seller.

Before you write off the .40, see if a friend has one you can shoot or rent one at a shooting range to get a feel for it. To me, there's not that much more recoil than a 9mm in a comperable size gun and if you look at the ballistics for a .40 you'll be surprised. Some of the +P rounds have more energy than some of the .45's and a couple get near the .357 magnum range. Considering a double stack gun carries 13-15 in most and a little compact can have 9 plus 1 (fu@king I'm gay smiley ), makes for a potent package.

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:52 PM   #32
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post
Glad you found something you like Corey. The problem with a 10mm though, is it's kinda like a red headed step child in the gun world. Ammo is not "common" (won't find it at "every" store that carries ammo) and it's expensive because it isn't a high volume seller.

Before you write off the .40, see if a friend has one you can shoot or rent one at a shooting range to get a feel for it. To me, there's not that much more recoil than a 9mm in a comperable size gun and if you look at the ballistics for a .40 you'll be surprised. Some of the +P rounds have more energy than some of the .45's and a couple get near the .357 magnum range. Considering a double stack gun carries 13-15 in most and a little compact can have 9 plus 1 (fu@king I'm gay smiley ), makes for a potent package.
Then just get a 357SIG and call it a day.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:32 PM   #33
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

i would do a little checking around before buying a 10mm haven't even seen 10mm ammo here in a while. when it is available it is pricey.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:06 PM   #34
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

Para warthog isn't bad