Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-02-2011, 11:27 PM   #1
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic
Default A neighborhood fire...please help if you can

This is near my house and is an absolutly horrible for this family. I don't know them, other than saying hi or waving as we pass. But I can't sit here and do nothing.

I'm not posting this on all my forums just this one and my local site. I know bikers to have the biggest hearts of anybody so I thought maybe I could appeal to your hearts and help me and my neighbors help this family. They have lost everything!

Quote:

Yesterday on January 2nd, 2011, the Kral family's New Year came to an abrupt halt. Within a matter of minutes in the early morning everything they've ever had, including Christmas gifts and all their personal belongings burned in a terrible house fire. Mike, the father, suffered severe burns to his body helping his family out of the flames.

Most people have insurance, but everybody knows how slow they work. In times like this families, friends, and neighbors need to do what we can to help, while the insurance processes are in the works.

Together we can help one of our own in the first steps to getting back on their feet. We want to make this a timely gift so please contact me directly and promptly via phone call or text to donate.
For my online bikers, please just PM or email me through the forum. I thank you for your time and consideration.

Last edited by Gas Man; 01-03-2011 at 01:05 AM..
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:32 PM   #2
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

The website says posted 9/02/2010???
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:52 PM   #3
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
The website says posted 9/02/2010???
Yea I noticed this too...not to mention this isn't exactly a poor neighborhood to begin with...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:39 AM   #4
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:13 AM   #5
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Sorry tt was what I thought the link was till I watched the video. Then I noticed the date. I meant to delete tt part but got side tracked. Was trying post this while at work and fold flyers. I just got back in from putting out flyers around the neighborhood.

I am looking for a news link but have yet to find one. It was on wdiv at 6pm and wxyz was also there but didn't get a chance to catch their news. Recorded the 11pm but haven't watched it.

But that old vid link, that I have since removed cause it was totally not my neighborhood. My neighborhood is not real wealthy. Standard middle class mid west neighborhood that is doing what it can with the dyeing auto industry in this crap economy.

I'm mostly doing a local neighborhood collection. But figured since bikers are the most generous that I know I would post it here and my local site. That's it. Don't have ability to donate, that is fine. Good thoughts and prayers to this family will do. If you are reluctant cause you don't know them, that's ok, I don't really either. But I believe this is the right thing to do. Do what you can.

Thanks.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:24 AM   #6
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Find out if they need clothes. I have some that I was going to drop off at Salvation Army.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:32 AM   #7
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

I will try. I originally thought about clothes but wondered how hard it might be with a family of 5 (3 kids). Knowing sizes, and such and not ending up with more for one than the other. Further, I barely know their names and now I feel ashamed that I don't know everybody's names in the 2 blocks around my house. People just aren't like that anymore I guess. You wave and ask how they're doin but greatly leave it at that. Kinda sad and I will try to rectify this year.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:37 AM   #8
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

You're doing something aren't you? Put that shamed shit away.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:55 AM   #9
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Hey. I'm trying. I do what I can. I walked the neighborhood at 1am putting out flyers in 18* cold. I would hope people would do the same thing for me. I don't want to die being known as an a-hole (maybe besides here. Lol) and think that as a christian I can do better than most church go'ers by stepping up for things like this. I'm simply trying to do something. I see this house everyday and it simply breaks my heart. I lie here in my warm bed with my family here and all my "things" around me. Their father is in the burn unit in detroit, and they are lord knows where. Maybe at the hospital, family, hotel, idk. Its sad. We are all very blessed, every person here. Just for having the ability to post and the means. If you don't know that, perhaps you will someday. I just hope it don't came at too high of a cost for you to learn that.

I'm gg to bed now. I have to be off to work at 8 am again (just got off after midnight) for about 3hrs, then back for nights. And with my phone number on 75 flyers, I'm going to stop by the fire dept after this mornings work I bet I'm going to have a busy day today. I want to thank the fire dept again, I took them coffee this morning and offered to feed them but they were rounding one of the stations up to leave. They did a good job for the situation and they were beat up by it all dirty and covered in ice.

Anyway I'm rambling. Its been a long day.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:16 AM   #10
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Don't lose your hair over it. There are organizations that'll help them out. Let me know what size clothes they need if you find out or if they do a donation.