Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-03-2011, 10:12 AM   #11
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

For sure... I'm back at work now, will go by Fire Dept to check on such organizations and make sure that the family got that type of info as well. Maybe get some biz cards to go with our collection.

I just pray & hope that people call me about the collection/flyers. I have already gotten my friends that are neighbors to say they'll toss in some cash, but it would be nice if others do too.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:13 PM   #12
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:13 PM   #13
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Gas, nice thoughts.... red cross should have already gotten with the family for immediate needs. A friend of mine lost everything in a fire recently. She was given Target gift cards to buy basic needs.... that was to hold her through until insurance paid.
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:18 PM   #14
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Well we raised about $770 for the family. Was going to give it to the mom today but she delayed her insurance appts till Thursday cause the father is getting out of the hospital. Which is great news. They were also able to find yesterday, some pictures and stuff. That made the wife/mother really happy. The 15yr old boy even found his laptop in the basement... a little wet but it still worked. But the house... OMG... I bet they'll tear it down and start from foundation up.

I spoke to her today on the phone but met with her yesterday. She's very thankfull and has had neighbor friends of hers give them clothing to get them by a bit. But I'm sure they will need more. Living outside your home gets expensive.

They didn't have anything when they rushed out. Not even car keys. No wallets NOTHING.

The side effect of all of this.. is like the old saying goes...

"No good deed goes un-punished"

I had some punk teenager start pranking my phone with a private number. Sprint can't block those so I went to BBApp World. Hello "Mr. Number CallBlock". It can block any number of anything in any fashion in any way you can think of. AMAZING!!! It can even block private calls.

You can choose to send the blocked calls to VM or it simply picks up/hangs up. I tested it and all you hear is RING CLICK. It's awesome!! Then the bastard called without the block. So I blocked his number with sprint. Easy enough. Spoke to the cops about it but it's a tricky thing with proof, and I guess no such thing about a good ole "kid scaring" anymore. Have to have an official complaint, can't have that without an official law being broken, and that has to be proven. So it's in the works to go unofficial. My buds kid brother is in the same age bracket and is quite the bruiser kid. Gave him the info I had and told him to report back. We'll see... I'm sure it will die out, cause he can't call. LOL

But where's the F'in respect these days. No F'in couth. I'm trying to help a family here. WTF. But the neighbors came out very well. That is the shiny star of it all.

Ranger thanks for your help, the collection went very well and I'm sure that will get everything set back to good. Thanks again. You're the only non-neighbor that offered anything and that says allot about your character.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Old 01-05-2011, 06:07 PM   #15
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

I got even more clothes. The best thing is walmart for cheap clothes. I buy those $10 jeans and they last just as long as any other company's jeans.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:09 PM   #16
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

You're a good man chris. Good work.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:05 PM   #17
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
You're a good man chris. Good work.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:46 PM   #18
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Thanks!! Now I have to figure out a way to deal with the punk kids calling. So far I've blocked the private calls and all the #'s they've used. Today they must have tried their other buds numbers. I blocked their numbers and I'm almost ready to just block anybody not in my phone book.

Anybody have access to cell phone database for the at&t, verizon, sprint?? Can get me contact info for their parents?
Old 01-06-2011, 08:55 AM   #19
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

is there any way you can auto forward the prank phone numbers to the local police non emergency line?
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:18 AM   #20
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Thanks!! Now I have to figure out a way to deal with the punk kids calling. So far I've blocked the private calls and all the #'s they've used. Today they must have tried their other buds numbers. I blocked their numbers and I'm almost ready to just block anybody not in my phone book.

Anybody have access to cell phone database for the at&t, verizon, sprint?? Can get me contact info for their parents?
If you have Google voice there is an option to have people announce who they are on unknown numbers.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote