Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-06-2011, 02:14 PM   #21
ontwo
Designated Drinker

Moto: 2009 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
The west virginia thing is on yahoo today.

http://whoknew.news.yahoo.com/?nc&vid=23734028
That's what got me started. I saw it yesterday. Today I've been looking at Raven Rock aka the "underground pentagon" in Pennsylvania
Old 01-06-2011, 02:18 PM   #22
ontwo
Designated Drinker

You can now tour the bunker under the Greenbriar.

http://www.greenbrier.com/the-greenbrier.aspx
Old 01-06-2011, 02:43 PM   #23
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontwo View Post
You can now tour the bunker under the Greenbriar.

http://www.greenbrier.com/the-greenbrier.aspx
I couldn't get any of the pictures to work... what else aren't they telling us??????
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #24
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

http://www.scrippsnews.com/content/l...mps-outrageous

Lawmaker: Jesse Ventura's show on U.S. concentration camps 'outrageous'
Quote:
WASHINGTON - A Tennessee congressman Tuesday branded as an "outrageous distortion" a television expose by former pro wrestler and Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura that suggests the federal government is planning to house "ordinary citizens" in concentration camps.
Ventura aired the allegations on his "Conspiracy Theory" show on the truTV network on Nov. 12, and the episode his since gone viral on YouTube and across the Internet.
U.S. Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tenn., a co-sponsor of a bill that would create FEMA camps for people temporarily displaced by hurricanes or other natural disasters, sat for an interview with Ventura in his Capitol Hill office on Sept. 16. Parts of that interview are reproduced in the segment.
In an op-ed in the newspaper Roll Call on Tuesday, Cohen writes that, "when the media purposely distort the facts to create confusion and mislead people, they must be held accountable. Unless we actively debunk false and misleading reports, we risk leaving the public with a dangerously skewed vision of this country."
The "Conspiracy Theory" episode shows Ventura sleuthing through Washington after seeing what Cohen writes are an Immigration and Customs Enforcement center in Texas and a low-security federal prison in California, both sheathed in razor wire.
"Now I've seen enough evidence," Ventura tells his audience. "I want to know why our congressmen think we need prison camps for ordinary citizens. They put it right in a congressional bill."
The bill Ventura refers to, H.R. 645, would establish six "national emergency centers" on military bases for temporary housing and to coordinate emergency responses to natural disasters if it ever becomes law.
Cohen notes in his op-ed that the legislation hasn't even made it out of the Terrorism, Unconventional Threats and Capabilities House Armed Services subcommittee. The 111th Congress will adjourn within weeks, if not days.
After images of Holocaust victims wearing Stars of David and jack-booted policemen beating people in the streets, Ventura concludes the episode with a strident apotheosis. "They said it couldn't happen here, but it already is happening, and we've already allowed our elected officials to break all kinds of laws designed to protect you and me," he says.
"You thought we had 50 states? Nope. We've learned there's 10 sectors ruled by 10 people you didn't vote for. You support your local police? That's nothing when they've got the military ready to take over," he says. "And here's what's worse: They're doing it all in the name of national security...I'd rather face the dangers than lose my freedom."
Cohen says that Ventura's claim that the bill he co-sponsored would create FEMA-run concentration camps "is an outrageous distortion and an outright lie," as well as "dangerous and irresponsible."
Cohen also notes that Ventura insinuates that the federal plans to stage "a pandemic as an impetus to martial law," adding, "each of these claims can be easily refuted, but the program distorted my attempts to rebut them."
He also says he's "shocked and appalled" the Turner Broadcasting System and Time Warner would air a program "so full of inaccuracies and irresponsible distortions."
A spokesman for the Turner Broadcasting system released a statement in response to Cohen's op-ed this afternoon:
"CONSPIRACY THEORY WITH JESSE VENTURA is an entertainment program that appears on an entertainment network. We believe most viewers accept CONSPIRACY THEORY for what it is -- a series that expresses different views on conspiracies. The fact that some people question those opinions is part of what makes the program engaging and entertaining."
Old 01-06-2011, 02:48 PM   #25
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
He was a dude on CF who posted a lot of conspiracy theory stuff. Kind of a weird guy from what I understand. Never met him though. Anyway, everyone always made fun of it, made tinfoil references and eventually Rez created a separate subforum for conspiracies called the Gorilla Cage.
He was a nice guy. Met him and rode with him on a few occasions. He actually bought Brian's bike trailer from me.

He caught a lot of crap for things he'd say, but no one here really knows what all he's been thru. And it’s not my place to share those things. But if you knew just a glimpse you’d cut the guys some slack.

We talked a bit about it and man alive...it was deep. He has been thru more life experiences than anyone can imagine.

He has been a cop, a Lawyer, and several other things. Walked in the shoes of several different folks. The guy lived a whole lot in the years he's been alive. Seen way too much, and experienced hell.

I can see why he made connections to SOME things...but never could understand why you'd choose to live a life of paranoia like he did.

He was like a lot of those Y2K guys were (but stayed that way)

You know…the guys that were really paranoid…but with somewhat good reason. And sometimes you could SEE their rationalization…but you choose not to live your life that paranoid.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:49 PM   #26
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

I like the response from the Turner Broadcasting system... "the show's bullshit"
Old 01-06-2011, 03:29 PM   #27
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

Quote:
That's what got me started. I saw it yesterday. Today I've been looking at Raven Rock aka the "underground pentagon" in Pennsylvania
I live right next to it and know people that work there. I went for a job interview for a tech position after I left the army as well.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:34 PM   #28
ontwo
Designated Drinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post
I live right next to it and know people that work there. I went for a job interview for a tech position after I left the army as well.
You ever talked to anyone who's been in the bunker?
Old 01-06-2011, 03:41 PM   #29
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Quote:
You ever talked to anyone who's been in the bunker?
It's not very impressive from what I've been told and that's about all they would tell me.

I went for the interview at Ft. Detrick and got an offer but decided to go back to college instead.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:53 PM   #30
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Open job listing right here if you want to work in a hole in the ground.

https://jobs.brassring.com/EN/asp/tg...5979&codes=IND